1 (edited by GeometryGod 2023-11-24 18:32:20)

Topic: [Solved] UFX III Audio Dropouts after installing MacOS Sonoma

After installing MacOS Sonoma, my UFX III is occasionally glitching when playing YouTube videos & computer audio. Often the YouTube video will fall out of sync.

-My computer is a 2021 Macbook Pro M1 Max
-I'm running firmware v20, Driver 3.28 B
-UFX III clock is set to internal, my Crane Song Solaris is properly responding the the clock when moving through sample rates.
-My UFX is plugged directly into my laptop, with the cable provided in the box

Re: [Solved] UFX III Audio Dropouts after installing MacOS Sonoma

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 63#p208363

Isn't this an option to try out ?

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

I just checked this post, and it seems that other users who have upgraded to the driverket driver are having the same issue with Sonoma...

Any word from RME about this problem?

4 (edited by waedi 2023-10-04 22:00:15)

And others have reported after upgrade to Sonoma and the new driver the issues have gone...

After all, the driver can be deleted and return to an older driver is no problem.

5 (edited by GeometryGod 2023-10-06 17:33:29)

I updated the driverkit  4.09 and I am still experiencing glitches. I noticed them while watching youtube. The glitches seem to be different in nature now, they now seem like stutters.

This is not good. RME, any response? Can I provide more info? Please help me with this - working professional here.

Did you try with very low buffer size ? 32 ?

The issue is happening with system audio - for example YouTube (and possibly in my DAW as well). To my knowledge, buffer size cannot be changed with system audio.

The problem persists.

Update:

Last week I connected my UFX III to my CalDigit hub and the dropouts seemed to stop temporarily. After updating to the latest flash update that was released 10-15, the dropouts started again. I don't have dropouts with my other audio interfaces.

I am disappointed by the lack of response of my customer support ticket, and lack of response and on this forum regarding this issue I'm experiencing. I have given RME support & drivers high praises on my social accounts totaling over 200k viewers, and have inspired many others to move over to RME because of my very positive experience. Because of this issue, I'm unsure if I can continue using RME in my setup, and unsure if I can recommend it anyone else.

As an audio professional, I'm asking for help before I make a change.

Wich driver do you use at the moment ?
Or persists the issue with both drivers 409 and 328 ?

Waedi- I appreciate you trying to help, but with all due respect, I am asking for help from RME staff with this issue.

Hey all - I was able to resolve the two month glitching / stuttering problem.

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=38456

Hope this is helpful to someone.