1 (edited by pedrovallejo 2023-12-06 17:00:25)

Topic: 12Mic not recognizing double speed with 96k madi frame

Hello,
my setup consists of UFX III, 12Mic and Ferrofish Pulse 16MX connected via MADI.
I have DAW projects of different sample rates, single and double speed.
MADI optical is configured on all devices to use a MADI Frame of 96k.
My understanding is, that then each device should be able to detect whether sample rate is single or double speed.

In this setup the UFX III is clock master.
The Ferrofish is recognizing sample rate changes between eg 44.1 kHz and 88.2 kHz (depending on what DAW project I choose).
Sadly the 12Mic doesn´t follow the sample rate.
I have always to change the sample rate manually, but only for the 12Mic. Ferrofish works automatically,

Could you kindly tell whats the problem?
I would really be glad, if the 12Mic could follow the sample rate automatically like the Ferrofish does.
I hope this is possible, but how???

Thanks in advance

BR Pedro - UFX III, 12Mic, Pulse 16 MX, Win11 22H2, i7-10700K, 32GB, Studio One Prof

2 (edited by MetalHeadKeys 2023-12-11 18:30:02)

Re: 12Mic not recognizing double speed with 96k madi frame

Hello, Pedro!
And welcome to the forum!!

How is the 12Mic connected to the UFX III ? Only '12Mic MADI Out' to 'UFX III 's MADI In'?
Can you describe your full connections, a bit?

RME Gear: Digiface USB, HDSP 9632

Re: 12Mic not recognizing double speed with 96k madi frame

Hi Pedro,

Max explained in this post why this isn't that easy for a device that has networked audio capabilities: https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 45#p211545

As mentioned there, we will look into it once more and see what we can do. We see the value in letting the device follow a clock coming from the DAW too.

Best regards
Marc