Topic: Headphone output comparison, Babyface Pro FS vs Fireface UCX II

How much difference is there between the headphone outputs between the Babyface Pro FS and Fireface UCX II?

I need to run a pair of Audeze LCD-X headphones, as well as two sets of monitors. I do about 80% of my work on headphones, so headphone audio quality is important.

With all the recent chip changes, I cannot find any definitive information on the specifications, so it is difficult to work out which is the better solution for me.

I would prefer the UCX II with the ARC usb as a monitor controller, but I am worried that this could be at the expense of headphone audio quality compared to the Babyface?

On a side note, do either of these have crossfeed via totalmix as that could add weight to a decision?

So is there a noticable difference between the two headphone outputs?

2 (edited by Kubrak 2023-12-17 19:32:46)

Re: Headphone output comparison, Babyface Pro FS vs Fireface UCX II

Babyface does not have and most probably never will have crossfeed in TotalMix. UCX II does not have it yet, but there are chances it will get it. But no guarantie, so far.

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=38411

Also, my feeling is, that UCX II has stronger phone output than Babyface. But better to check the specs. And BF has only two output channels, not for. OK you could use one of headphone out, but it is not symetrical and I think, that phone outputs are not separate.

IMHO, UCX II seems to be better choise to your requirements over Babyface.

Thanks, now I've looked into it a bit more the UCX II is definitely the better option for me.

I've also just come across the ADI-2 FS which looks like it could be a good addition to the UCX.

In terms of connecting LCD-X, ADI-2 DAC or Pro FS would be an option.
These devices have some features that you might like.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

In terms of connecting LCD-X, ADI-2 DAC or Pro FS would be an option.
These devices have some features that you might like.

The audio quality of these do really appeal to me but I do need the features of the interface range. I have two sets of monitors and my headphones. As well as that i need at least 2 - 3 outputs. Also Total mix and the ARC USB remote would also be handy.

Cheapest route to me seems to be the UCX II for the I/O, Total mix etc and possibly add an ADI-2 FS if I think I need to improve my headphone output.