Topic: Latest driver update failed, UFX 2 (Win 7)

Hello Guys,

Unfortunately I wasn't able to install the latest UFX2 driver (09831) on my Win 7 system.

Description of the problem: After installing the latest driver, the Fireface was recognized by Windows, but I could not open the Totalmix Fx software even though it was displayed in the taskbar. In the device manager I had also a yellow triangle indicating that possible signatures were missing?

My Attempts to solve the problem:

1. Update Windows 7 (due to missing signatures) (yes, there are still some updates) Despite a successful Windows update, it didn't solve the problem.

2. Uninstall all RME drivers and only install the latest one. That didn't solve the problem either.

3. Install the last working driver (09808) then perform a flash update then install the latest driver. The flash update was successful, but I still couldn't install the latest win driver.

My current working combination is the older driver 09808 in combination with the latest Flash update.

Thanks

UFXII, KH310a, Rokit5, Distressor, KT76, BAE1073, Xpressor, Karacter, Drawmer DL241, SPL Charisma

Re: Latest driver update failed, UFX 2 (Win 7)

yes this is known:

see here

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=38731

pschelbert wrote:

yes this is known:

see here

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=38731

Thanks for the quick reply.
It seems like we have the exact same problem!

I saw that it works for you with driver 09827...
Do you also have the new crossfeed and room eq fetures with this driver? And do I have to manually update the totalmix fx software to 1.93 or will everything be installed as usual with driver 09827?

The rme page also seems a bit confusing to me when I look for older drivers.

If you have links to a combination that works, I would be very thankful. It would also be interesting to know whether rme can still fix the problem or whether win 7 is out of date now? hmm

Right now, the whole thing seems a bit confusing for a smooth brain like me smile

UFXII, KH310a, Rokit5, Distressor, KT76, BAE1073, Xpressor, Karacter, Drawmer DL241, SPL Charisma

yes crossfeed and room eq work with the UFX II firmware update.
I had to fall back to the previous driver though, 0.9827.
The problem is the Microsoft certificate which does not work in the driver 0.9831 (a Microsoft issue). Lets see if RME can fix it, has a workaround.
Install Totalmix 1.93 manually.

I'll now wait and see if a solution comes from RME because my last driver is a bit older than yours and I want to avoid running into any unforeseeable problems when I mix different versions.
If it's somehow not possible due to the age of Win 7, they'll have to create a kind of "lastworking package" in the archives for prehistoric Win 7 users anyway...maybe!?

6 (edited by pschelbert 2024-01-28 22:09:57)

Totalmix 1.93 and driver 0.9827 with the newest firmware work perfectly, so I would suggest you go with it.
May be it is not possible for RME to fix the certificate problem which creates Microsoft.

pschelbert wrote:

Totalmix 1.93 and driver 0.9827 with the newest firmware work perfectly, so I would suggest you go with it.
May be it is not possible for RME to fix the certificate problem which creates Microsoft.

Ok but where can I find version Totalmix 1.93 and your driver? On the rme homepage I can only find the latest one or the very old ones in the archive...

you find driver and Totalmix here:

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=38691

After some research it looks like Windows 7 does not load drivers anymore that are time stamped 2024 (this time stamp is added by Microsoft when certifying the drivers). While our certificate should allow drivers until April 2024, W7 already now stopped loading them. Anyway, in April it would have been the end for W7 RME driver updates anyway, so these 4 months not make a big difference.

To address the situation both USB  series and MADIface series drivers are now declared Windows 8 and up. The last working driver for Windows 7 is now listed in Downloads as well.

Additionally the latest version of TotalMix FX is now listed under Software, so older drivers (like the W7 one) can still be partially updated.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME