Topic: TotalMix in Direct Monitoring mode with Cubase

using RME UFX with Cubase 12 in Direct Monitoring mode for recording
problem:
i set the monitoring volume in TotalMix via the channel fader in C12 for a good volume in relation to the track playback for an overdub.
(note; when i set the C12 fader to unity the TotalMix fader is set to +5db...?)
when i then want to listen to the just recorded track the playback volume is different/louder than it was during the Direct Monitoring by about 6db.
so i have to pull back the fader to listen. but then for the next recording pass i have to put it up again... etc.
i would like to achieve that switching between Direct Monitor and playback of the same track there is no difference in volume (like in the old analog days...)
any ideas?
thanks

Re: TotalMix in Direct Monitoring mode with Cubase

If you use ADM this might be a bug in C12, and/or not matching PAN law due to using mono and stereo channels. Make sure they are set identical in C12 and TotalMix.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

everything works pretty well between Cubase and TotalMix except the level problem.
i found that when setting the Cubase fader in ADM to unity to get the TotalMix fader to unity i have to set the Control room output in Cubase to -5 db..... don't understand why.
panning law seems to have no impact on the levels in TM. i don't know where in TM you can change the Panning Law.

Options - reset mix - set inputs mono, outputs stereo (ADM)