Topic: Can I control my monitors from the front panel of the Fireface 802FS?

Can I control my monitors from the front panel of the Fireface 802FS?

Re: Can I control my monitors from the front panel of the Fireface 802FS?

You can use an ARC USB.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

I am not sure whether it is possible to create a fadergroup between the phone's volume control and the output to the monitors. I am guessing not because the phone's volume knobs are analogue.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

I am not sure whether it is possible to create a fadergroup between the phone's volume control and the output to the monitors. I am guessing not because the phone's volume knobs are analogue.

Too bad

5 (edited by ramses 2024-02-15 22:33:04)

Maybe better go for the UFX II .. many advantages.

See also my last posting about the enhancements from UFX via UFX+/II and now the new UFX II with enhancements from the UFX III:

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 63#p214463

ramses wrote:

The headphone output channels volume also can be controlled over the faders in TotalMix. Therefore I don’t think the hardware knobs are analog. A double volume control would be very confusing: fader opened but no sound because the hardware knob is closed or vice versa? For sure not!
So in my opinion the fader groups should work because the software fader on hp out follows the hardware knob movements.

UCX - FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2

I am unsure because I know, definitively, that the Mic gain is not digitally controlled.
It is not possible to store the gain values of 802 into TM FX snapshots and workspaces.

ramses, looking again at the knobs on the 802(FS) I give you right. These aren’t endless rotary knobs as it seems (in contrast to other devices having a multi functional knob) but true analog ones with fixed positions from 0 to max. So yes, as it looks there really are two ways to control the hp volume, digital in TotalMix and analog using the knobs.
Anyway I wouldn’t compare it to the mic inputs because this is a different thing. For the TotalMix functionality it doesn’t matter how the mic gain is set, over a hardware knob or digitally controlled in software.

beatpete, so I can see two ways to control the volume for your monitors over the knobs on the front panel:
- connecting the monitor speakers to the hp outputs. That’s technically possible but of course you can’t use two separate headphones anymore and also the connection would be unbalanced then (not a problem in every case, but good to know). A Y-cable stereo TRS to double mono TS or similar would be needed.
- ARC USB

UCX - FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2