1 (edited by marcin512 2024-01-23 19:31:16)

Topic: Adi-2 Pro FS R Windows 7 x64 drivers

Hi,
   My Windows 7 x64 is having problems with digital signature on latest driver package (package from November gives the same result). It looks like some file is corrupted (invalid hash).

Signtool gives error on both sys files.
Net start madi... gives error 577.

Tested on both vanilla Windows 7 (with manually added root certs) as well as on Windows 7 2020 Jan rollup version. Please check them on your side.

Thx.

Re: Adi-2 Pro FS R Windows 7 x64 drivers

Windows 7 on your machine is 64 bit oder 32 bit OS?

Not sure if this applies to audio drivers, but Microsoft is no longer signing drivers for Windows 7. So in order to get new graphics card drivers for example you need to activate driver test mode (which will come with its own problems, so I don't recommend it). But there might be a difference because driver signing might be required for graphics drivers but not for audio drivers.

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 45#p214245

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Still no luck with with Windows 7 drivers (driver_madiface_win_09827.zip). Windows gives error 577 in Device Manager and says drivers and some other components are not signed. Could you check if:
- signtool passes verification check on madi sys files
- you're able to net start madi.. service without errors
?
I'd greatly appreciate it..

If nothing helps, some older driver might possibly do the job, as it had at the time of publication.

0.9827 works for us and others (see the other thread). That means both your Windows 7 systems are not on latest state and miss the latest certificates/updates. Obviously we can not know which driver version might still work for you, so you have to get the updates or try the older drivers. Simply change the number in the url and you will find them.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

8 (edited by marcin512 2024-02-19 20:02:04)

Got it. Downloaded some older packages and the oldest one worked on first try. Last question: what is your Windows 7 x64 ntoskrnl file time stamp? Windows Update doesn't find updates newer than 2020-01 but I know that there are extended support updates available. Did you by any chance install them?

Can't answer that, machine is back in the closet, securely locked away...but I only installed what is freely available from MS website (W7 updates are not available since years via the internal mechanism).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME