Re: ADI-2 Remote V 2.0 – we can't stop!

MC wrote:

- The 5 dB offset issue reported here (only Pro, Phones 1/2) has been fixed. This one also requires an update of the Pro's firmware to DSP 127.

Thank you very much. Everything's working fine now!

52 (edited by jmimac351 2024-03-09 16:33:49)

Enjoying using this!  Thank you!

Perhaps this is worth noting... updated to Beta 4 and currently using with my ADI-2 DAC FS.  Under "Volume Options" the Line Out references "RCA". 

I am not using the RCA output... I'm using the XLR output.  Perhaps it should be precise about which particular line output it is referencing?  If it cannot differentiate between XLR and RCA being plugged in / ouput, perhaps it should not reference either output there, and just left as "Line Out".  Screenshots above appear that show that is how the ADI-2/4 Pro SE does it.

Thank you.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Other/Miscellaneous-Audio/i-DN3HrXZ/0/ccb3Ns37DTc7n9K4cZ56FZPLPxzfn55dptnKNDbp/L/RMEOptionsRCA-L.jpg

The DAC display shows RCA levels and RCA RefLevels (see manual). XLR is always +6 dB higher. So the indication in the app is correct and helpful, as you have to enter the Limit in dBu, based on the RCA output level.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

54 (edited by kingstoler 2024-03-14 00:29:04)

I have an issue when using a PEQ combined with Bass/ treble controls. I get double bass on my PEQ profiles. Previously when I disable the PEQ on the physical remote control the B/T bands should disable at the same time. Maybe I'm missing something but I didn't touch anything since installing the remote app, other than renaming a couple of profiles.

For example, I can clearly see the PEQ being greyed out when disabled, but I can still adjust bass and treble even though those bands should be disabled.

The option is right in front of you: Bass  / Treble - Enable. That is independent from EQ. Always was.

If you want to disable B/T automatically with the EQ then use the next option, Load with EQ.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I would LOVE to have a way to route USB to the digital out pre-fader. I have a TC Electronic Clarity M production meter and do a lot of remote session work using SourceConnect, a system allowing high-quality low-latency broadcast audio sessions over the internet.  Since I'm usually producing on my end, I monitor via USB into my ADI-2 Pro to Genelec 8330 monitors.  Since this is for broadcast, I need to confirm levels follow broadcast rules and the TC allows that, but the ONLY way I can get SPDIF to the TC is post fader. 

Is there any other way to do this in Remote?

It works like that when in stereo mode. You seem to use multichannel mode. Can't switch?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

58 (edited by kingstoler 2024-03-15 02:09:38)

MC wrote:

The option is right in front of you: Bass  / Treble - Enable. That is independent from EQ. Always was.

If you want to disable B/T automatically with the EQ then use the next option, Load with EQ.

Thanks for the reply. I tried that but it seems like B/T is on regardless if I enable load with EQ or not. With an older firmware (I believe it was v.52) B/T used to disable at the same time when I disable the EQ preset. But I guess it's supposed to be this way, so I just have to remember to disable B/T.

Also the remote app is fantastic. MUCH easier to navigate and edit EQ's.

You use which ADI-2 exactly? And are you sure you are on the right page when switching this option? I tried with 2 units and it worked. With 'Load with EQ active' every time one switches PEQ off the slider B/T Enable automatically moves to the left and is greyed out (-> B/T incative).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hello to all forum participants,

Thank you for this impressive software addition to the ADI-2 Series hardware. I am a brand new home user of the ADI-2/4 Pro SE model and have just started my learning journey with software / firmware updates. Luckily, I was able to run ADI-2 Remote v2.0 (Beta 4) on HD 4600 integrated graphics and Win 10.

After reading this thread, I had the first question that confused me. I plan to use a Pentaconn balanced headphone connection and have read about the extreme output level of the ADI-2/4 Pro SE amplifier. I liked the settings for limiting levels and speed of volume rise in this software. But on the other hand, I saw the caveat that this would not affect the physical control knobs of the device.

Can you please tell me what is the safest and most permanent way I can use to limit the maximum volume level of a headphone amplifier with a balanced connection?

Stay in IEM or Low Power mode by disabling AutoRef (off is default) for the output Ph3/4. That is more than enough.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Version 2.0 release is now available via the updated links in the first post, or directly from our website.

Latest changes:

- file names from Preset names no longer use invalid symbols (replaced by a dot)

- loading a setup file via menu could cause the EQ name to change to Temp, depending on the current and stored 'Load with EQ' state

Thanks for all the valuable feedback. We now pause this project for some other, important taks, then will come back with version 3.0!

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I noticed on the download page there is a picture of a separate Spectrum Analyzer, vetroscope and db meter.  How do I pull the up as I don't see an option anywhere?

thelionsdenmastering wrote:

... as I don't see an option anywhere?

It's not an option, it is a separate program. TotalMix is not available for the ADI-2 DAC, Pro and 2/4 Pro units. But you can use DigiCheck NG together with ADI-2 Remote: https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=37403 .

Ralf
(ADI-2 Pro FS with ThinkPad Yoga L13, Dynaudio Focus 600 XD or Focal Clear — and a lot of Jazz)

MC wrote:

It works like that when in stereo mode. You seem to use multichannel mode. Can't switch?

Thanks!  I will switch.

ericseaberg wrote:
MC wrote:

Thanks!  I will switch.

Temporary unplug USB for that, or it won’t switch.

KaiS wrote:
ericseaberg wrote:
MC wrote:

Thanks!  I will switch.

Temporary unplug USB for that, or it won’t switch.

Right, it took me a while to remember... just shut down the Mac as it's a little easier than getting behind everything and unplugging.  Already tested and it works GREAT!!  I think I'll just keep it in Stereo mode for what I do at home, even vinyl transfers.  Thanks again!!

68 (edited by kingstoler 2024-03-15 20:39:35)

MC wrote:

You use which ADI-2 exactly? And are you sure you are on the right page when switching this option? I tried with 2 units and it worked. With 'Load with EQ active' every time one switches PEQ off the slider B/T Enable automatically moves to the left and is greyed out (-> B/T incative).

ADI-2 DAC fs. I'm sure I'm on the right page. The B/T slider remain enabled when switching PEQ off.

https://i.postimg.cc/52TL29rd/RME.jpg

Thanks. Last version where this worked was firmware DSP 55, Pro and 2/4 Pro still work. We'll fix that, I just can't tell when.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

70 (edited by AlexF 2024-03-17 12:28:38)

Lieber Matthias,

die Software ist der Wahnsinn und eine echter Mehrwert zur perfekten Hardware (ADI-2 Pro User hier ☺️).

Ich hätte noch einen Herzenswunsch dafür: Kannst du dir eine Desktop-Widget-Unterstützung für macOS vorstellen?
Es wäre so genial, via Widget schnell zwischen den Ausgabemodi oder EQ-Presets wechseln zu können.

Man merkt wirklich bei dir, wie du mit vollem Herzblut bei der Sache bist und das ist wirklich schön mitzuerleben ☺️
Macht weiter so mit der tollen Arbeit!

71 (edited by spamilton 2024-03-17 19:08:00)

Thank you, RME, for you hard work on this. The remote software has added so much value to your products.

I wanted to point out a possible visual bug (unless I am missing something). This is regarding the ADI-2 Pro FS R. In the PEQ window of PH 34, the bass and treble shelves are reflected in the graph, but in PH 12, this seems to not be the case. The shelves are audibly functioning, but they aren't included on the PH 12 graph. Not a big deal. Just wanted to report.

You're not missing something. Ph 1/2 is quite complicated to handle in software, as this one does not exist in the unit. We have come a long way to add Ph 1/2 as 'virtual' page to the Remote, so I am optimistic that at a later time we can add B/T to the plot curve.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

The Adi-2 remote iPad app just updated to 2.0 at app store.

Pacifist, dumb, not stupid
Listen music out from a box which sounds
Reading words on paper/ screen

MC wrote:

You're not missing something. Ph 1/2 is quite complicated to handle in software, as this one does not exist in the unit. We have come a long way to add Ph 1/2 as 'virtual' page to the Remote, so I am optimistic that at a later time we can add B/T to the plot curve.

I see. Thank you for the explanation.

I have a small issue with the latest iPad version. Whenever I try to set a recall volume for IEM it is automatically reset to Zero. I haven't tested the other outputs.

UCX II, Quadmic II, ADI-2 DAC FS
Follow me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@thedilettantepianist

Thanks, confirmed. Only Line Out Recall can be set on the iPad app.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

That is not on our schedule, sorry. Basically it is possible to map simple MIDI commands to the SysEx ones that we use, but that would be a task (app) for someone else.

If using roon, rooADI was designed to accomplish this --> https://community.roonlabs.com/t/rooadi … acs/258291

MC wrote:

Thanks, confirmed. Only Line Out Recall can be set on the iPad app.

iPadOS ver 2.1 fixes Volume Recall Bug. Thanks MC!

The Win and Mac ADI-2 Remotes v 2.1 are now available for download, see first post or our website. For the ADI-2 Pro, B/T handling has been improved on Phones 1/2.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Cool development. I for one do not underestimate the amount of work to make this happen. Thank you.

1. I use the USB port to stream from Volumio on RPI4. Is it possible to connect from my Windows laptop or Android phone conncurently with music playing?  Maybe a USB hub?
2. Long term, a USB-Bluetooth or wifi adapter would enable convenient access.

Cheers!

81 (edited by johny_2000 2024-03-25 19:45:41)

MC wrote:

The Win and Mac ADI-2 Remotes v 2.1 are now available for download, see first post or our website. For the ADI-2 Pro, B/T handling has been improved on Phones 1/2.

Thank you for your tireless work!

Very impressed with the pace at which you guys are creating new features and debugging the software / firmware. I was convinced that the ADI-2/4 Pro SE was the right choice as the centerpiece of my audio system. Almost real-time user support is what sold me on this deal.

P.S. It's time to release the RME Update Center. With so many software updates and firmware / driver updates, even with just one device in the system, it’s already difficult to keep track of all the changes.

Updated firmwares now complement the ADI-2 Remote 2.1 into a final state:

ADI-2 Pro to DSP 128, 2/4 Pro to 40: Analog Input screen showed Loopback only after graphic refresh.

DAC to DSP 62: since v56 'Load with EQ' no longer controlled the B/T function.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

83 (edited by johny_2000 2024-04-03 02:03:15)

MC wrote:

Updated firmwares now complement the ADI-2 Remote 2.1 into a final state:

ADI-2 Pro to DSP 128, 2/4 Pro to 40: Analog Input screen showed Loopback only after graphic refresh.

DAC to DSP 62: since v56 'Load with EQ' no longer controlled the B/T function.

I appreciate it. It's very valuable to us that all known bugs and issues are resolved in a timely manner.
I'm currently using the latest firmware and version of the ADI-2 Remote.

Appreciate the hard work! May I suggest adding something like a control bar that pin to the taskbar like this? That will solve my
headache all these years lol
https://winaero.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/Classic-Volume-Control-for-Windows-11.png

Any plans to add a "minimize to system tray" functionality? Ideally, one where:

1. When left clicking system tray icon, pops up a thin menu that lets you adjust main volume, or
2. Shows you a full, floating AD-2 Remote menu, snapped to the lower right of the screen.

I'm so impressed with this remote. It's amazing! Thank you very much MC and RME team! Great work!

87 (edited by johny_2000 2024-04-24 18:01:17)

MC wrote:

System Requirements
The app uses the same graphics engine as DigiCheck NG, so the same system requirements apply: Windows 10 or higher, and a graphics card that supports Direct3D 12. This might exclude some older computers, even when running Windows 10, for example with Intel integrated graphics HD4600 and HD4000.

Be aware of automatic Windows updates, which may replace your current graphics card driver.

I just checked all the Win 10 drivers for the HD4600 graphics card and found this article from Intel itself explaining the reasons for the changes https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en … phics.html, and this is a link to the latest available DirectX 12 driver for this graphics card, which I have confirmed works fine with the ADI-2 Remote and DIGICheck NG:https://downloadmirror.intel.com/28662/ … 2.5063.exe.

I hope this helps some guys who don't have the latest computer in their music studios with the challenges of modern software.

I hadn't realized this was released until earlier this week, and WOW what a game changer. Being able to quickly edit everything is so so so appreciated. Please never stop producing this unit, It's the interface I will finish my career on, and that won't be any time soon smile