1 (edited by kamilbaranski 2024-03-29 12:46:23)

Topic: bug: TotalMix or the device recalls the snapshots wrong?

Screenshot 1:
https://i.ibb.co/4JvpxCF/obraz.png

I have quite often problems with Totalmix which is showing something different than the card's mixer is actually doing. Like here - the Mic 10 shows in AN6 out and ADAT 9/10 out but it is turned off.

I've tried to save the snapshot to a file and recall it - no changes. The situation goes back to correct state as soon I manually drag the Mic 10 fader. (Sometimes I need to use the pan or width control, too.)

---

Screenshot 2:
https://i.ibb.co/Gc1L3q2/obraz.png

Another scenario. (Setup: I have ADAT9-16 Out plugged back to ADAT 9-16 In what might end in a feedback overload if used incorrectly. Please, don't tell me I can use a loopback in totalmix, I know it. In current situation it only shows me there's a inconsistency between app and hardware.) After clicking Options -> Reset mix -> TotalMix reset I have a overload on ADAT 9/10 and ADAT 13/14 and on some ADAT outs, but all the input faders are down! Also the "Clear Submix ADAT 15/16" doesn't change anything (except turning off *SOFTWARE PLAYBACK* ADAT 15/16 on this submix but of course this is unimportant here).

---

This UFX is DSP-SW Version 1.63, and the Totalmix is 1.75, but I have a lot of RME stuff (FW800, UFX/UCX and Digiface) and this inconsistency happened before, not only on this UFX. It also happens on MacOS. Most of the time, it can be fixed with manually touching/dragging all the input faders out of their position and back. At the moment I can go back to the screenshot 2 situation with "totalmix reset" or with recalling some of the snapshots. But "my main snapshot" (the 2nd one, kb_HOME) doesn't have the ADAT Inputs opened (what cause the loopback overload).

The Matrix view also doesn't show anything helpful (it is consistent with the Mixer view).

2 (edited by ramses 2024-03-29 12:53:54)

Re: bug: TotalMix or the device recalls the snapshots wrong?

The latest TM FX version is 1.93, I would try that to compare whether there is something fixed in the latest version.

If this doesn't help I would contact support to check whether this could be a HW issue.
UFX was introduced in 2010 so it could be an up to 14y old device.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Wow smile . It started to act normally after upgrading to TM 1.93! I'll get back to the thread if I find any more issues smile . For now:

SOLVED by upgrade to current TotalMix (1.93)

4 (edited by ramses 2024-03-29 13:21:50)

Nice to hear ;-)

As a side note. Many people are scared to update "never touch a running system", etc, we know all these statements .. BUT

RME is a company which performs good testing before releasing and
RME firmware and software is not so complex compared to a whole operating system.

Therefore, it is advised to upgrade to get bug fixes and (often) new features.

When upgrading regularly, you also do not run into any possible issue of having a firmware that is too old for the software or even issues with performing the upgrade.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Everything seems to work. Should I? wink

https://i.ibb.co/4TN76CR/obraz.png

6 (edited by ramses 2024-03-29 13:25:58)

Up to you.
I am keeping everything up-to-date to not get into any possible issue of running the latest TM FX on too old firmware.
This is also what developers do. Usually, nobody has the time to test SW against a lot of (much) older firmware versions.