Topic: Totalmix FX - Window won't open (Windows 11)

Hello,

Issue: When I install the latest madiface drivers (driver_madiface_win_09824) I go through the installation process and it gives me TotalmixFX and the MadifaceUSB applications.

I restart my PC and Totalmix FX doesn't load on startup (it used to a couple of months back).

I try and locate the .exe files to manually run this and I notice it installs the madiface_usb.inf_amd64_.... folder in this directory: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository

Running the application from here doesnt start TotalMixFX, however it shows in the system tray.

I can right click this icon and load the Workspace Quick Select and that dialog box appears, however getting a new Totalmix Window to appear doesn't work. As a result, I can't get it to connect to the Digiface USB.

I've tried using cc cleaner and uninstalling everything, removing the files from the FileRepository and reinstalling and that doesn't work. I was on Window 7 when the issue started and upgraded to Windows 11 and the issue still persists.

Furthermore, when I started experiencing the problem a few months ago, I fixed this by reinstalling a later version and executing the TotalmixFX.exe in the System32 folder. For some reason, it doesn't load the files in there anymore and loads it in the Driverstore/FileRepo directory.

I've checked out the other forum thread where Totalmix FX wasn't working for first time installation. I've checked if C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\TotalMixFX exists and that does, so can't see an issue there.

Are there any log files I can try send over?

Kind regards,

kalvin104

Re: Totalmix FX - Window won't open (Windows 11)

Is the Digiface showing up in the Windows device manager ?

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

No, not appearing the Device Manager list

4 (edited by waedi 2023-07-17 00:04:28)

Then the USB connection to the computer system has not established.
Is the cable all the way plugged in into the Digiface ?
Has the Digiface LEDs lit on ?
Different cable ?
Different USB port ?

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

I have a similar problem.  When I open my system, a new I9 Windows 11 build, with the new UCX drivers from 2024 (the one that should include totalmix) it appears that nothing appears in windows task bar icon tray.  But.....If I open Studio One, go to the sound card properties and click on the control panel, the standard Fireface USB setting icon appears in the tray.

Now I had to download an old version of Totalmix in order to get my console.  As soon as I launch the totalmix app, the icon is accessible in the tray....

Now when I reboot my PC, nothing appears.  I have to do the same procedure again.

Finally, I went into the taskbar setting and in the icon tray properties and everything is set to on.....icon shouldn't be hidden.

UCX Firmware is at the last version

I have an even more basic question. 

When I download Totalmix, it executes fine and loads the executible file named:   rmeinstaller.exe.   (I have it stored on my desktop)

When I run that file, it seems to run, but nothing more happens. I was expecting an icon to appear on my desktop, but again, nothing seems to happen.

In my program files I can see the Windows Driver Package - RME MADIface

The cable I have connects my PC to the USB port on the back of my RME-ADI 2 DAC FS.

Laptop Specs:
Lenovo Thinkpad
Windows 10 Pro
64 bit

1. You did not download TotalMix but a driver package.

2. There is no icon on the desktop. After reboot you should see one in the notification area, or hidden behind the chevron. As clearly described in the manual.

3. The ADI-2 DAC does not work with TotalMix, so it is not installed at all.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME