Topic: Using ADI-2 Pro FSR BE as digital preamp

Hi there - I’m trying to use the ADI-2 Pro FSR BE as a digital preamp. My setup:

- Streamer connected to USB input (raspberry pi)
- Phono stage connected to optical input (parks audio waxwing)
- D&D 8C active speakers connected to AES output

My goal is to select between the USB/Optical inputs and leverage the RME for digital volume control, loudness application, EQ, etc. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to configure this setup? I’ve used the ADI-2 with many other setups in the past and found it easy to configure what I needed. After much experimentation and reading the manual, I can’t figure out how to get this setup working properly. It’s easy to get either USB OR Optical to work, but I can’t figure out how to flip between the two with the remote.

Any suggestions on which mode should I be running in or other key settings I may be missing?

Thanks!
Dave

Re: Using ADI-2 Pro FSR BE as digital preamp

On the remote the buttons USB and OPT, aren't those for selecting the input ?

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Yes, but I can't figure out how to configure the ADI-2 in such a way that those buttons on the remote do what you'd expect them to.

Do the other buttons of the remote work correctly ?

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

In the manual, right where it belongs:

9. RME Multi-Remote Control (MRC)

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. Remap Function Keys. In the SETUP – Options – SPDIF/Remap Keys menu, 61 different commands/actions are available for these seven programmable keys (see chapter 14.1.1). The default settings are: 1 Source Analog, 2 Source AES, 3 AutoDark, 4 DIM, 5 Source SPDIF coaxial, 6 Source Optical, 7 Source USB. All Source keys require the Basic Mode DAC to be active.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

6 (edited by rcstevensonaz 2024-07-15 00:08:16)

MC wrote:

All Source keys require the Basic Mode DAC to be active.

Another place in the manual that is relevant for enabling DAC mode is under Section 17 Modes:

17.6 DAC. This additional mode is a manual option and not available via Basic Mode Auto. It must be activated
manually by choosing Basic Mode – DAC
. (emphasis added)