Topic: ADI-2/4 PRO SE to KH 750 Sub

I know the easy thing to do is to connect my BNC RCA cable to the red SPDIF OUT.  Is there a one cable connector that I can purchase or have made in order to avoid using the adapter? 

Right now I have a USB-2 to computer

TRS 3/4 into a phono stage

Would like to know what options I have for a single cable into the Neumann KH 750 sub which uses a BNC

Thanks!!

Re: ADI-2/4 PRO SE to KH 750 Sub

https://www.thomann.de/de/pro_snake_bnc … dapter.htm

https://thumbs.static-thomann.de/thumb/padthumb600x600/pics/bdb/_16/165673/13272666_800.jpg

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Connecting the sub analog is also an option, then ADI-2/4 can perform D/A conversion using auto reflevel.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

The cable that waedi has linked will work, I confirm.
But why you insist on avoiding the BNC-RCA adapter? Use the 75 Ohm one, it also works like a charm (I confirm this, too) and costs around €1.

Fireface UCX II + ARC USB > ADI-2 Pro FS R BE > Neumann KH 750 DSP + MA 1 > KH 120 A

5 (edited by ramses 2024-10-19 21:43:41)

unpluggged wrote:

But why you insist on avoiding the BNC-RCA adapter? Use the 75 Ohm one, it also works like a charm (I confirm this, too) and costs around €1.

Do you mean me? What do you mean with *insist*?
You seem to understand or interpret my proposal wrong. Language problem?

I simply "suggest" the alternative solution to let the ADI-2/4 Pro do the D/A conversion, as it supports even 5 different ref levels. The Neumann sub has nothing comparable.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:
unpluggged wrote:

Do you mean me? What do you mean with *insist*?
You seem to understand or interpret my proposal wrong. Language problem?

I simply "suggest" the alternative solution to let the ADI-2/4 Pro do the D/A conversion, as it supports even 5 different ref levels. The Neumann sub has nothing comparable.

I was referring to the OP who said explicitly they want to avoid an adapter. In fact, you posted while I was still typing, therefore I had not even seen your post then, so excuse me for this little misunderstanding wink

And now I even doubt which kind of adapter they meant. Perhaps the question is about the digital breakout cable. In this case, I am not aware of any cable that plugs directly into the DB-9 digital I/O port on the ADI and has a BNC connector on the other end, not to mention one that is long enough to be directly connected to the sub.

Fireface UCX II + ARC USB > ADI-2 Pro FS R BE > Neumann KH 750 DSP + MA 1 > KH 120 A

Thanks for clarifying :-)

8 (edited by KaiS 2024-10-20 08:14:44)

unpluggged wrote:

… And now I even doubt which kind of adapter they meant. Perhaps the question is about the digital breakout cable. In this case, I am not aware of any cable that plugs directly into the DB-9 digital I/O port on the ADI and has a BNC connector on the other end, not to mention one that is long enough to be directly connected to the sub.

In this case someone has to take a soldering iron and make a 75 Ohm DB-9 to BNC cable.
This is no rocket science, the DB-9 pinout is documented in the manual.

I did the same with an RCA to uncased DB-9 as the space behind my ADI-2 Pro was too limited for the breakout cable.
Took a few minutes to do so.