Topic: UCXII in Class Compliant mode connected to MPC Live 2

Hello,

I am trying to use my UCXII, in class compliant mode,  as an audio interface for my MPC Live 2.
This configuration usually runs ok for about 10 minutes, before it starts to produce some "pitchy glitches", it kind of sounds like if the sample rate changes for half a secon, intermittently.

The sound that is monitored directly on the UCXII is not affected, only sound that flows through the MPC has this issue.

Now, I have gone through most of the settings of the UCXII as well as the MPC's settings, but I can't find a way to make this setup function in an acceptable manner. 

Is there anyway that uses the UCXII for the same purpose without issues? Are there any tips that might be worth looking into?

Any advice would be very mcuh appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: UCXII in Class Compliant mode connected to MPC Live 2

Sorry for the bump, but is there no one here that tried connecting their UCXII to the MPC Live/X/One to multitrack (either successfully or with issues)?

3 (edited by waedi 2024-10-22 15:16:27)

You connect all analog ? You try to record the 6 analog outputs of the MPC with the UCXll in CC-mode, right ?

Does the MPC produce these dropouts also without UCX when just playing ?
How often ? Every minute ?

Did you try firmware update the MPC ?

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

No afaik it is an usb connection, the mpc is the host computer which can work with class compliant audio devices. NI maschine+ can do the same.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632

The UCXII is connected via USB in CC mode and, indeed, the MPC Live 2 essentially functions as the host computer (Linux-based, I believe).
There are no issues with playback when the MPC's internal audio interface is selected.

Interestingly enough, direct monitoring of inputs on the UCXII is still possible (hardware inputs>hardware output) in this configuration and this audio is glitch-free.
The issue only occurs when audio playback goes through the MPC to the digital inputs of the UCXII.

I tried recording the audio in the MPC to capture the glitchy sounds produced, but strangely enough the recordings sound pristine without any glitches when exported from the MPC's hard drive to my PC.

Sounds like audio clocks are not synced?
If 2 devices should route digital Signals between each other one has to be a master - the other one slave.
But i dont know if the mpc supports this atm….

“Do It For Her”
My Gear: Bontempi Magic light Keyboard

If both internal audio playback of the mpc and local in out on the ucx still work when the problem arises with inputs to the mpc, it must be the mpc at fault. Better report this to akai then, unless I mis understand.

Vincent, Amsterdam

maggie33 wrote:

Sounds like audio clocks are not synced?
If 2 devices should route digital Signals between each other one has to be a master - the other one slave.
But i dont know if the mpc supports this atm….

I suspect there is a clock issue as well.
The strange part is that everything is fine for 5 minutes before the audio starts to get erratic.

vinark wrote:

If both internal audio playback of the mpc and local in out on the ucx still work when the problem arises with inputs to the mpc, it must be the mpc at fault. Better report this to akai then, unless I mis understand.

I agree, and I've already reported this.
Unfortunately, not much luck with this, so far, as support mentions that the MPC is designed to work with cc interfaces as long as they clock at 44.1kHz (which the UCXII does/can do).

I was hoping somebody here might have the same setup and secret to success (options on the UCXII that I overlooked) here, but so far it seems that this combination does not work properly.

Also if you use the UCX are the outputs of the MPC also functioning?
Does the MPC have a digital out too? if yes use that to set sync the UCX in slave mode if that is possible in CC mode.

Vincent, Amsterdam

The outputs on the MPC are disabled (along with it's internal audio interface) when the UCXII is selected as the active interface in the MPC settings.

Unfortunately there is no digital output to send out clock afaik, USB/hardware audio/ethernet & midi only.

Adeptus909 wrote:

I was hoping somebody here might have the same setup and secret to success (options on the UCXII that I overlooked) here, but so far it seems that this combination does not work properly.

I have the same setup and the same issue. Pops and snats in the audio output that starts after a few minutes then gets progressively worse.

I've not found a solution but I suspect the answer lies with Akai. Oddly some people claim this setup works fine in the MPC compatible audio interface forum.

growers wrote:
Adeptus909 wrote:

I have the same setup and the same issue. Pops and snats in the audio output that starts after a few minutes then gets progressively worse.

I've not found a solution but I suspect the answer lies with Akai. Oddly some people claim this setup works fine in the MPC compatible audio interface forum.

Ah yes, I believe I've seen your post in that thread as well haha.
Sounds like the exact same issue.

In any case i've sent out a bug report for it, but I'm not sure how likely it is to be picked up.