101 (edited by anoise 2024-10-24 12:50:59)

Re: Babyface Pro FS - Pink noise from right output channel after startup

memopro wrote:

If we pay attention to the things that are the same for both of us, it is that we use the speaker equalizer in Totalmix to correct the sound.

I think If more people with BF start using the speaker equalizer in Totalmix to correct the sound, then I imagine other people will come to the thread with the same problem.

So the problem is either in our computers or in Totalmix, at the moment it seems more to me that the problem is from Totalmix.
Correct me if I'm reasoning wrong.

Exactly my thoughts. By using the EQ all the time, we either found a rare bug or we are unlucky with the PC hardware combination, which I highly doubt.
If the problem can't be fixed, a solution would be to disable the EQ and to invest in a standalone room correction device, like the ARC Studio from IK. But that is another layer of AD/DA conversion.

memopro wrote:
anoise wrote:

Thanks to MC, he was so kind to replace my unit. After a week, today, I got my replacement. I plug it in, start playback and EQ distortion in right channel (exaggerated bass, resetting the EQ resolved it). I couldn't believe it. Brand new unit, issue on the first try. Firmware was 318 so I updated now to the latest 320. I suppose this is the ESS version of the Pro FS, because my old unit had Firmware 208. Anyway, I expect white noise blast any day now. I don't know what is going on...

Congratulations on the new device, it's an outstanding gesture from RME.
But I'm very sorry that the noise problem happened again.
So far we are the only two in the world with the exact same problem.

Let's think a little. If the problem was with our computers/motherboards (which are different brands) then turning the speaker EQ on/off shouldn't fix the problem because I don't think the Totalmix has a direct connection to the motherboard.
It has already become clear that it is not from the device itself, because after replacing it with a new device, the problem continues.

If we pay attention to the things that are the same for both of us, it is that we use the speaker equalizer in Totalmix to correct the sound.
As far as I understand from the thread so far, people are not in the habit of using the equalizer in Totalmix to adjust their speakers, which I think is much more convenient than Sonarworks or Equalizer APO and similar software, because you are not constantly turning some software on and off. I use the equalizer for speakers and headphones all the time, adjust the sound of the devices from there and I don't touch anything while working or listening to music, I just switch between speakers and headphones and that's it.
I think If more people with BF start using the speaker equalizer in Totalmix to correct the sound, then I imagine other people will come to the thread with the same problem.

So the problem is either in our computers or in Totalmix, at the moment it seems more to me that the problem is from Totalmix.
Correct me if I'm reasoning wrong.

I used to calibrate my monitors by Totalmix EQ for one and a half years, until upgrading my monitors to Genelec 8320a with GLM. The noise issue never happened during that time.

OHtaru wrote:

I used to calibrate my monitors by Totalmix EQ for one and a half years, until upgrading my monitors to Genelec 8320a with GLM. The noise issue never happened during that time.

Thanks for the reply.
What operating system were you using?

memopro wrote:
OHtaru wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

Windows 11, i5-10400, MSI H410M-A PRO.

OHtaru wrote:
memopro wrote:
OHtaru wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

Windows 11, i5-10400, MSI H410M-A PRO.

This is very close to my configuration, except for the motherboard chipset.
Windows 11, i5-11400, MSI B560M-A PRO

Again we go back to the original assumption, if it is from the motherboard then what could be causing this problem.

By the way, I haven't had the problem for a month now.
Happens to me at about 6 months, but the noise is so loud it just scares you.