1 (edited by lostindundee 2010-01-31 14:36:41)

Topic: BNC WC Sync Question

Hi there

I have just slaved a Presonus DigimaxFS to my MultifaceII and am not sure if the WC is operating properly and wish to check this with you good people. I'm using the DigimaxFS purely for 8 additional channels via ADAT.

My MultifaceII settings are:

http://www.gta-jutecity.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/rmepre.jpg

I have a 75 Ohm BNC cable from WC Out of my MutifaceII going to the WC In of my DigimaxFS...I have also pressed in the 75 Ohm termination switch on the Digimax. I also have my optical cable from the ADAT Out of my DigimaxFS to the ADAT In on my MultifaceII.

The WC lock LED on the front of my Mutliface is not lit but the ADAT is. Should this WC lock LED be lit? Or are these lock LEDs only for incoming signals?

Basically are my settings above correct? If not, I would greatly appreciate some advice to correct it.

Incidentally my DigimaxFS appears to be successfully synced externally via BNC at 44.1k.

Regards

LiD

Re: BNC WC Sync Question

Hi,

The LEDs on the front panel display the sync state of inputs only, of course. In the SyncCheck section, ADAT In shows "Sync", and the LED is lit (not flashing), so this means the external device is properly synchronized.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thank you Jeff

Ah...I get it...so the front WC Lock LED would only be lit if the MultifaceII was slaved via BNC?

Can I ask why the 'SyncCheck' section of the settings reads - WC Clock No Lock

Regards

LiD

lostindundee wrote:

Ah...I get it...so the front WC Lock LED would only be lit if the MultifaceII was slaved via BNC?

Yes.

lostindundee wrote:

Can I ask why the 'SyncCheck' section of the settings reads - WC Clock No Lock

Same as above, this refers to input. Your Digimax should tell you if it syncs to the WC coming from the Multiface, the Multiface has no way to know what goes on in a different device.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thank you Jeff

You're a good man.  :-)

LiD