Topic: Routing/Mixing Question

Hello Folks...

I am having a hard time wrapping my head around a routing issue and need help.  I will try and explain as best I can.

I have a FW800 connected to my main DAW running Vista x64.  The FW800 works great; never had any problems.  I have the latest Cubase 5 x64 up and running fine.
I realize the FW800 is very powerful and I use only a tiny portion of its potential.  Mostly I just use AN1/2 to monitor the output from Cubase.  I loop AN1/2 back into Cubase to record the output directly when necessary.

Here is what I am trying to do:

Since I cannot get Gigaplayer to work at all I have installed G-Player which is a giga sample player.  It can work as a plug-in or as stand-alone.  I use it in stand-alone mode as this is the only way I can seem to get the VSL performance tool to work in conjunction with G-Player.  Routing MIDI from Cubase into the Performance Tool then into G-Player works perfectly.  Since I have both Cubase and G-Player accessing the FW800 at the same time the outputs must be unique in order to support multi-client operation.  I set the outputs of G-Player to AN3/4 and I can play back MIDI channels in Cubase and both Cubase and G-Player will sound simultaneously on different audio channels that can be heard through AN1/2.

What I would like is to be able to route the audio from G-Player back into Cubase so I can process the signal.  However, I cannot create a bus in Cubase using the same outputs as G-Player or multi-client operation fails.  So...how do I get the AN3/4 into Cubase so I can monitor and process the signal?  Is this even possible? 

I tried creating an input bus in Cubase using AN7/8.  So I have G-Player out on AN3/4 trying to go into AN7/8 so I can hear the playback on AN1/2 from Cubase.  I have confused myself so badly that I need help trying to figure this out.  I cannot seem to figure this out, and any assitance would be greatly appreciated. I have tried messing with the matrix for hours and I am lost.  The only way I can hear anything is if the signal is also sent to AN 1/2 along with any other routing.

Basically, I need Output of AN3/4 to be routed to Input of 7/8 so I can monitor the signal in Cubase on AN1/2.  I am not restricted to the AN channels by the way, just listing them for conveinance.

Also, does anyone know if there is a way I could route Cubase MIDI to the G-Player plug-in thereby just keeping everything inside Cubase?

I love composing, but the technical stuff stumps me from time to time and I really need help!

Thank you.

Todd Masten
www.toddmasten.com