Topic: Midi remote problems with MADIface

Hallo,

I?m having problems with Midiremote 1.42 using Madiface both in XP and Vista.
When I?m using my HDSP Madi card everything works fine (MADI Midi port 3 )
Using the MADIface I just get MADI Midi Port 1 and the state is " no response ".
Anyone who uses MADIface with Midiremote with success? Witch Madiport is visible?
If so, whats the trick?

Jazz

HDSP,HDSPe MADI,MADIface,Micstasy,ADI-8QS,642,MADIBridge,SSLMX4,PT10HDMADI,Samplitude 12,Sequoia 12

Re: Midi remote problems with MADIface

Hello,

please make sure to use the very latest FW for the Madiface (10) - there was an issue with MIDI transfer.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Hello!
Were these midiproblems only in Rev.9 ?
Rev.8 seems to work fine and if there are no major issues I would like to skip some updates.

Thore

No, they were in all versions below 9.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

8 had an issue where the card might actually stop running if MIDI is being used a lot (for MIDI Remote). Please install 10, no sense skipping updates here.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Is the newest 3.073 driver compatible with all firmwares (8 and 10)?
Reason, I have to install a couple of laptops for several colleagues, but can not access all MADIFACES now for flashing the firmware to V.10 (they are currently being shipped around with some gear).
I want to make sure, they will still be able to use the MADIFACES even without updating them before a recording.
(Set aside the MIDI issue of V.8, I will upgrade them as soon as I get to them myself).

Thore

bisthore wrote:

Is the newest 3.073 driver compatible with all firmwares (8 and 10)?

Yes.

Regards,
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Hi we are having some strange problems with our MIDI Remote 1.6 for Micstacy Firmware 2.1
MADI Face (latest firmware + latest driver)

The Midi Control will show "no response"

I reduced the setup to 1 MADIface and 1 MICSTACY in an optical or coax connection.
MIDI set to optional in Micstacy and MIDI ports to MADI in Midiremote

Originally I thought it was a connection problem, because our long optical MADI cables connectors are getting old.
But:
a) Audio works fine through the whole system (even with a bigger Setup) going all the way through the loop twice and auditioned
b) no Audiodropouts, no ASIO lost or anything
c) I used different short optical cables as well as Coax connection

When I briefly switch the MADIface from optical to Coax and back it will show Online for about 1 second, then NO RESPONSE

I changed the whole setup part by part
Micstacy
MADI-Expresscard
MADIface
Laptop
nothing helped

then I changed the FW cable (both were original short ones)
THEN it suddenly worked

but only for 1 day

Any good suggestion?
Is the MIDI signal more critical then the Audio?

All the best,
Thore

The most critical setting is the choice of device ID (here bank too). After a fresh firmware update sometimes the ID in the unit is invalid, can only be accessed via 'All'. You need to program the device ID to fix this. Please do this one time and then set the correct values in MR (instead of 'All').

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME