Topic: Sonar 8.5.3 & 2 x FF800
Problems with Sonar 8.5.3 32-bit / W7 64-bit / 2 x FF800 (3.020)
Summary: playback / recording will fail randomly. First playback will be severely stuttered, ie. robotic. Next playback will always cause Sonar play no sounds at all (but cursor keeps on moving and it can't be stopped).
Things I've tried & checked:
- With one unit everything is fine, especially when using legacy Firewire driver. Why not use legacy for 2 units? -Because Windows can't handle two Firefaces using legacy driver.
- I tried THREE different Firewire 800 and THREE different Firewire 400 interfaces hoping it is just hardware issue. Results: LSI is worst, it drops frames randomly (causing recorded tracks go out of sync). Currently there's a TI based card in the slot. It runs smoothly but it couldn't fix this issue.
- WDM/KS and WASAPI are not any better.
- In Audio Options I've tried practically every combination of selectable options. I've deleted AUD.INI and tried to make tweaks for multicore systems.
- Disabling / enabling audio devices in Control Panel / Sounds has no influence on this issue.
- System Information: Status of all IRQ's is OK.
- New Firewire 800 cables. I've tried three different brands. Now they are hi quality FW800 cables, same length.
- Power: PC, Firefaces, preamps, mixer & other devices are connected to same phase. Voltage is exactly 230V, 50 Hz.
- PC Power Supply: installed in January, 550 W Corsair.
- Temperatures: Firefaces have space to breath, PC & core temperatures are around 45 C.
- System is not overclocked. Memory is checked. All other programs work great.
- I've tried to disable one by one devices in Device Manager.
- Disabling network: no influence.
- DPC Latency Checker: Absolute Maximum is 135 us.
- Latency Monitor: Highest DPC routine execution time: 210 us (Wdf01000.sys). Highest ISR routine execution time: 29 us (iaStor.sys). Pagefaults: 0 during test (starting & stopping playback in Sonar). Most Clockticks: Wdf01000.sys - 689464, 0,22461 us.
- All Buffer Sizes from 64 to 1024.
- Different routing of clock signal. Simplified clock routing: ADAT2 -> Fireface1, Fireface1---word clock---> Fireface2.
Does somebody run two Firefaces with Sonar 8.5.3? How did you do that? What hardware do you use?
Intel i7 950
12 GB DDR3 (OCX)
Ati Radeon HD 4350 (silent)
USB: iLok, Frontier Tranzport, wireless Logitech keyboard & mouse
Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium
Cakewalk Sonar 8.5.3 32-bit, Producer Edition