Topic: RayDat to Lynx Aurora 16 with ADAT LT slot interface - Slave problems

Hi Folks,
I've a new setup with Win7 Pro 64bit, (Nuendo 5 and Wavelab 7 etc )
I have a brand new up-to-date RayDat card connected to my Aurora 16 interface via Lynx's ADAT L-slot interface (all latest firmware + drivers)
I have been running the RayDat in SLAVE-Sync mode changing clock frequencies from the Aurora (as Master clock)
The problem being when switching to projects that use 88.2KHz or 96KHz (and above) the RayDat still locks at half the clock frequency. ie 44.1K or 48K (never beyond that).
I have tried everything to make the RayDat see the correct frequency, sometimes when switching to Wavelab 7 using ASIO driver (not Nuendo) and playing back a 88.2 or 96k wav the RayDat might finally switch to show the correct frequency.
Sometimes after switching clock frequencies the RayDat reports the Aurora as clocking at 44.098 or similar 47.98.
Even setting the RayDat to Master and Aurora to slave sync (adat L-slot) the Aurora has a similar problem seeing the correct rate.
All the usual adjustment have been made with Win7 system sounds etc. so it can't be that interferring.
Any ideas?
Cheers,
Adam

Re: RayDat to Lynx Aurora 16 with ADAT LT slot interface - Slave problems

planetadam wrote:

sometimes when switching to Wavelab 7 using ASIO driver (not Nuendo) and playing back a 88.2 or 96k wav the RayDat might finally switch to show the correct frequency.

Not sometimes - always. This is the way it works.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by planetadam 2010-12-17 18:35:00)

Hi Matthias,  Thanks for your reply.
So is there a way to get the RayDat to reliably recognise 88.2K and 96K  (from the External master clock) with out having to go into Wavelab and play a wav file (as you'll agree that this is a total PITA) ?
Surely as the External ADAT clock switches to S/Mux the RayDat should pick up on that?
Thanks,
Adam

I do not agree that this is a pita. The clock is not changed as long as you don't use the card . So you don't use it - why should it change then? Apart from that ADAT can not be used to reliably switch between single and double speed mode. Only AES/SPDIF could do that.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hello, new  french member
my compétences are limited in audio numerique knowledge, but should grow with your advice.
here is my question:

If i connect a TEB on a rayddat , and the rayddat connected on a ff800 by adat 1 (the I/O FF800 are busy by other devices likes sound module for example), then i use the TEB for 8 I/O.

can i connect a sampling machine with 8 mono out in the TEB by using a  " D-Sub25 male to 8 x TRS Stereo Plug 6,3 mm". because i read that the TEB can convert the sample. i want to reach  16 insert.

i think about this solution with raydat because more later i take  converter like ADI 8DS !

thank you !

The TEB uses a digital (Tascam) format on its D-sub. Obviously there are no AD or DA converters and there is no way to directly connect analog signals.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you very much, your answer is clear, i to think about another solution.

if you have a suggestion ?