Topic: Need Help with FireFace UC (windows xp)

Hello, I am looking for help with the FFUC, please.

My target OS of installation is Windows XP, when the
unit is first plugged into the port, it shows up as
5 different instances "Fireface UC MAC (xxxxxxxx)"
I went to the site and read how to install the xp driver...

I cancel the wizard and go to dev manager, then update driver, then no, then instal a sound device, then
Ill select location, then browse then go to the latest driver I downloaded from RME.

* the system error says " no specified driver found for your device "
I did this several time to ensure everything lined up.

I then took the driver files and inf and put them manually in the /system32 and /system32/drivers folders
and restarted the driver update. and it at least found the FFUC this time I attempted to install the driver and reboot and
not working on the return and there were still three other instances of the device in the manager. I installed the driver to each of them as well.

Still not working.... however they do move down to the sound section from the others in the dev manager..

I am suspecting that if a FFUC is flashed on a MAC it is for some reason stuck there.. because Ive tried this same device on a windows 7 machine
and same thing, except windows 7 see's the driver the first time with out me manually having to move drivers.

Im getting a MAC today and trying it out.

If you can help, I'd be grateful.

Re: Need Help with FireFace UC (windows xp)

You can switch the unit between "Mac" and "PC" mode, check the manual. Basically, just disconnect USB and double tap the knob to switch.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.