Topic: Newbie help needed. Route DJ setup with BabyFace

Hello,

I have set up the babyface and i hear output when i play tracks on my Mac and with Logic.  I connected my DJ mixer rca>XLR into the line input and my monitors are still connected via XLR to the output.

I can see the signal under the hardware output (AN1, AN2) and under the Hardware output for PH 3/4.

With my headphones I can hear but I still can not hear from my monitors. I clicked on the AN2 to route to AN 1/2 but I still get no signal level or audio output from my monitors.

Please let me know what I'm not clear on.  I'm sure its an easy fix but I just cant figure it out..

Thanks, Ravi

Re: Newbie help needed. Route DJ setup with BabyFace

I´am not sure I understand. You see the level of your DJ mixer in the inputs (1st row - AN 1/2) and in the main output (3rd row - AN 1/2), but there is no signal on the monitors, connected to the line outputs 1/2?

best regards
Knut

TOP ROW

AN1 and AN2 are separate channels.  I click on stereo, but nothing happens to join AN1 and AN2, as stereo.
AN1 has a name of Listen and does not allow me to route.
AN2 automatically routes to PH 3/4. If i try to route to AN1/2 nothing happens and I get no signal on the bottom row for AN 1/2. There is always a ">" on the PH 3/4.

Bottom Row

When my turntables are playing, PH 3/4 has a signal, and I can hear sound when my headphones are connected or when I connect my monitors to the 2 Phones output.

AN1/2 has no signal.  If i play a song on my computer then I get signal to AN1/2 on the bottom row.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
ravi

AN1/2 has no signal.  If i play a song on my computer then I get signal to AN1/2 on the bottom row.

Input AN 1/2 (1st row) is not routed to output 1/2 (3rd row) - only to output 3/4 (Ph 3/4). The routing in TotalMix is much more powerful, but little bit different, than in other mixers. In a classic mixer you set a volume in an input channel and route it with this level two busses (e.g. main + phones). Both busses get always the same volume level. If you change the level of the input channel, both busses get still the same changed signal.

But not in TotalMix. Every output can get it´s own individual level from all inputs and software channels. This means every input/software playback channel can send a different volume level to every output. If you change the volume for the first output, the volume for the second output remains unchanged. To see the volume level, the output gets, just click on it in the "Submix" routing view (right upper corner of TotalMix). If you click in your mixer on output AN 1/2 you see the volume of input AN 1/2 set to off, but the volume of software playback channel AN 1/2 (2nd row) to 0 dB (or less).

You can see the different volume levels for different outputs as small orange arrows by clicking on the Trim Button (off levels were not shown!).

To send the signal from input AN 1/2 to output AN 1/2 just select the output in the 3rd row and raise the volume fader of the input channel:
- click on "Submix" in the View Options (upper right)
- select (click) output AN 1/2 in the 3rd row - the channel color gets brighter (click O-Names in the view options to see the routing in the Control Room Section)
- check the volume of the input channels AN 1/2: set the volume to your desired value (double click the fader to set it to 0 dB)

Please watch our tutorial videos on the RME Youtube channel. Start with this video: http://www.youtube.com/user/RMEAudio#p/ … plW9OtTBYw

best regard
Knut

And first of all switch off the Talkback function. Hit F3 and remove the entry in the Listenback field so it says 'None'.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME