Topic: Problem installing the firmware update on Windows 7 64

I use  Fireface 400 (firewire).I've just installed windows 7 64-bit Ultimum.I downloaded the latest drivers,that would be win_fire_3034.zip.I even tryed the new update 3044.My firmware version is 1.70 and it doesn't work well with the new drivers.I tried to install the Flash Update Tool that updates the firmware to 3.36 version but nothing happens.I try to open the exe file (which in windows 7 is recognised as application) but nothing happens.No response.I tried to boot from a flash disk to try and install it as recommended in the site but nothing happens.So right now with the new drivers (3034,3044) and the 1.70 firmware versions I keep getting errors in the fireface settings panel and it can't play correctlly.any ideas?

Re: Problem installing the firmware update on Windows 7 64

If you see Errors in the settings, your PC has a problem with FW communication/transfer. This does not indicate the firmware "doesn't work well with the new drivers".

http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1704

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Re: Problem installing the firmware update on Windows 7 64

thanks for the reply.Sorry about the descripion but I'm not very familiar with the terminology.I'm just saying that because I didn't have any problem using Windows XP and the old drivers.

I tried this tool in tha above link and it is better.However the problem has not being solved.I still get errors,eventhough much less frequently than before.

Plus,I still can't update the firmware.any suggestions?