Topic: HDSPe AIO firmware update and freezing programs

Hi there

I have a new HDSPe AIO that I would like to use on my new PC with an Intel DH67BL running Win 7 Home Premium.

I have downloaded newest driver 3.2.4.0 and installed it. Device manager is responding ok without any strange things.

HD PCIe FUT, v2.21 tells me that I have Hardware Revision HDSPe AIO, Rev 11. I have a feeling that this is the FIRMWARE version. It also tells me that Programming Status: Not updated. The readme file says that  HDSPe AIO Rev. 12 is the next version. So an update sound good to me. But when pressing the Update button the FUT program freezes  - no progress bar. It is only killed manually through Windows.

Hammaerfall DSP setting program starts ok but when I try to reach the About section the program freezes like the FUT program did.
Is my new card on the way to Germany or is there something I can do to make it work?

Best
Peter

Re: HDSPe AIO firmware update and freezing programs

BTW...

To test the card I have installed Foobar. I had Foobar playing when output was selected to be the on-board Realtek sound card. When changing this to "Phones (RME HPSPe AIO)", Foobar stops playing.

Try the card in a different PCIe slot. Try DIGICheck and TotalMix.

BTW, updating to v12 is not needed as you don't use the TCO.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi Matthias

Thanks for a quick response.

I'm not really sure what to look for in DigiCheck and TotalMix. But when I tried to go online on DigiCheck it froze.

I only get one PCIe slot to use. But when you ask me to try another slot I get the feeling that my card is not ok. I can see it in the device manager.

I'm ok with firmware version 11 but does it fit driver version 3.2.4.0? Anyway I'm on 11 now but Hammaerfall DSP setting program freezes and Win 7 just froze completely.

Is my new card faulty?

Regards
Peter

Did you update BIOS for the motherboard (latest 6/1/2011) and disable PCIe power management (C1E state) in BIOS?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Jeff wrote:

Did you update BIOS for the motherboard (latest 6/1/2011) and disable PCIe power management (C1E state) in BIOS?

Uh, updating a bios just after having troubles with my audiocard firmware? My bios version is BLH6710H.86A.0076.2010.1115.1959 Do I really have to look into that?

Thanks Jeff

The only thing I could find in bios regarding power managment was Processor C States and that has to do with CPU. COuld you be more specific?

Regards
Peter

Yes, disable all power management (C states) for the CPU, this affects the PCIe slot.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Jeff wrote:

Yes, disable all power management (C states) for the CPU, this affects the PCIe slot.

Thanks again Jeff - but that didn't change anything. Still freezing the "Hammaerfall DSP Settings" and Foobar still not playing.

Anything else to try?

Best
Peter

Make sure in Win 7 Control Panel you have set the power options to "High Performance". As I mentioned earlier, the BIOS update can't hurt. If you still have problems then the next step is to try the card in a different computer to determine if the problem is the RME card or your PC.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thanks again Jeff

Power options set as High performance.
BIOS updated (much easier than in the "old days" - nice)
But still no good:O(

We have 6 laptops and two desktop PCs in the house but this one is the only one with PCIe so I will not be able to test in other computers.

I think I have to ask RME to do this test and repair.

Thanks for you help.
Peter