Topic: Babyface: controlling ADAT level by wheel

Hi,

Using a Babyface with driver 1.59, Totalmix FX 0.942 and firmware 184 on Mac OS X 10.6.7.

I must be doing something dumb but I can't get the wheel on the Babyface to control the level of ADAT output 1-2 which is my main output for monitoring.

If I understand the Help correctly the following should work:
- Go to TotalMix FX
- In the Control Room channel strip Assign (dropdown) the main out to AS 1/2.
- Set the Babyface to 'Out' (LED) using 'Select' (button).

However, whatever I do, the wheel keeps controlling AN 1/2 in this mode or PH 3/4 in Phones mode.

Using AS 1/2 as the phones output also doesn't help.

It must be something silly, but how do I control ADAT 1-2 from the Babyface panel?

Kind regards,
Jorg Schellekens

Re: Babyface: controlling ADAT level by wheel

However, whatever I do, the wheel keeps controlling AN 1/2 in this mode or PH 3/4 in Phones mode.

Sorry, both modes are linked to the analog outputs. You can't control AS1/2 directly with the encoder. A workaround could be a link between the AS1/2 fader and AN1/2 or PH3/4 in TotalMix.

best regards
Knut

Thanks for your reply.

The workaround does the job, so that's good.

Do you think there's a chance of directly controlling the AS 1/2 with the wheel/encoder in future versions of the software?
It does seem a bit strange that setting ADAT 1/2 as the main output gives it less features than an analogue output has.

kind regards,
Jorg

This is not software but firmware, and does not adress the typical usage of the BF. Therefore we wil not add it, sorry.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME