Topic: UFX/Total Mix Freeze under Snow Leopard

Hello,

I'm preparing a live with a band, controlling Total Mix with NI Maschine (through Mackie Protocol) on the MIDI port 2 of the UFX. The sound is great and the unit is amazing, Durec too...

I use an april 2010 macbook pro/firewire, have updated the firmware and the driver to the latest version.
12 analog inputs, 6 analog outputs, AES and ADAT 1 to 10 are used to rec with Durec

1. Sometimes, when I boot the mbp and then the ufx, the screen of the unit freeze and Total Mix doesn't support "MIDI" control, the sound pass through for sure but no more way to access the different submixes.

2. In the Preferences, I've set Maschine as MIDI input and output, and it works generally smoothly, but everytime during a rehearsal the controller or ??? freeze : no more way to adjust volumes, pans, choose a submix... the only way to get again the "hand" on Total Mix through the controller is to reboot the mbp and the ufx, which make me freeze when I think to next saturday show :-O

I may have do something wrong, thank you in advance for your advices

Ben

2 (edited by bsfreq 2011-11-03 19:59:49)

Re: UFX/Total Mix Freeze under Snow Leopard

Hi Ben!

I got the same problem with a similar setup. (Macbook pro-early 2011, snow leopard, firewire connection and newest totalmix, although I'm still using firmware 141 instead of 144. I'll upgrade later this evening)

So when I start TMFX, (or it starts when I connect my UFX,) it might not show anything on the level meters and midi control   doesn't work either. (also the midi ports of the UFX are not available from snow leopard)  I have to quit TMFX, reboot UFX, and start the TMFX software again to make it work. Sometimes even several times.
I've thought this might have something to do with the complex usb-midi routings in my setup + using two midi routing softwares at the same time, but maybe it's the TotalMix FX afterall, if others are experiencing the same thing as well.

Anyway, when I get it up and running it works as it should and never freezes in the middle of things, so I don't think you have any reason to panic. Just boot it up again until it works. Of course it would be nice not having to.. smile

Fireface UFX+ | Fireface UFX | Babyface Pro | 12Mic

Re: UFX/Total Mix Freeze under Snow Leopard

Hi bsfreq!

finally had good time yesterday night:cool: but it was kind of weird because my Total Mix controller lost control over the mixer from the intro:roll...

The sound and the concepts of the ufx are amazing, and I'd like to understand what's going wrong. I don't use any virtual MIDI soft, like IAC, Bome's MIDI Translator, just follow the manual setup.
Is my unit defective? Is it an MIDI flow issue between the TM soft, the ufx hardware and the MIDI controller?
Can you please guys give me your expert feedback about what not working here?

Thank you

Ben