Topic: "Always On Top" not working in TotalMix FX (OSX)

Hi,

Since I've added a second monitor to my Mac Pro, the RME TotalMix FX window's "Always On Top" option has stopped working properly. When you turn it on, it's impossible to hide the window (via Command-H or right-clicking the Dock icon) — it reappears a second later. Although I'm not sure it's a dual-monitor issue, I *know* that it wasn't the case when I was working with a single display.

The TotalMixFX software version is "0.942 MAC OS X". The Mac Pro is running Snow Leopard 10.6.8.

Cheers.

Re: "Always On Top" not working in TotalMix FX (OSX)

Where do you see an Always on Top option?

I seem to have the opposite problem, it hides too easily and I want it always on top!

Options > Always On Top

4 (edited by martin_rawlins 2011-12-19 12:19:33)

How disappointing, not listed on mine (TotalMix v.2.91, not TotalMix FX).
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z167/martin_rawlins/options.jpg

If anyone knows how to make the TotalMix window stay on top in Mac OSX that would be great. It has to be possible, it would be ridiculous if not.

I tried Floater or whatever it's called but it was not compatible.

I have TotalMix FX installed on my end, but without an FX-compatible interface (I'm using Fireface UC). Works just fine, except for the Always on top option, of course smile

it perfectly works in 1O.7.2....

i have 2 monitors too, 0.962 too.

7 (edited by talino 2011-12-20 07:50:25)

Well, either the app behaves differently on Lion, or there must be a misunderstanding here.

The option "Always On Top", in most if not all applications, means "always on top of other windows if visible". It does not mean "Always visible". On my machine (10.6.8 & 0.962) when "Always On Top" is activated, the window is always visible and cannot be hidden. The proper behavior should allow the window to be hidden but, when it's not, always stay on top of other windows.

It's the same thing with windows inside of other apps (such as plugin windows in a DAW). Most DAWs let you keep the plugin windows on top of everything else, even the timeline or mixer, but you can always hide them if you wish.