Topic: Sound bizarrely disappears on one particular project (others are fine)

As per title really. Using Cubase 5, when I load one of my projects there is no sound. The others are fine. I've checked all mute buttons and stuff in Cubase. Baffled HeadScratch

Any ideas?

Chris

Re: Sound bizarrely disappears on one particular project (others are fine)

"No Sound" is a little unspecific... Where, in the Cubase mixer, in the RME mixer? Which device are you referring to?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Hi, I have a Babyface. On this particular project, there is no sound in the RME mixer. I can see the db levels in cubase changing, but there is nothing on the RME mixer. I can't figure it out - I've made sure everything is unmuted etc. in Cubase but no luck. The most bizarre thing though is that other projects are fine.

If no sound reaches the BF mixer, then the I/O settings in this particular project are wrong somehow... Is any signal from this project going anywhere?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Hi, not quite sure what you mean by sound going anywhere else, because everything goes through the RME mixer. I don't have any external midi or anything like that, if that's what you mean.

Is there a way to reset the I/O?

Chris

Hi Chris,
Was this project done in an old version of Cubase or before you owned the Babyface?
I would try this to see if it fixes the project.

Reset your VST connections and routing in the Project -
Save the project under a new name close Cubase and reopen the New version of the project.
Go to VST connections and delete and then recreate any I/O, control room or external effects and reassign them in the project.
Then save the project and close Cubase.
Reopen the project and see if the disappearing sound is still happening in this project.

Thanks Chris

Chris Ludwig
North East USA Sales | Synthax/RME
www.facebook.com/RMEAmericas
Twitter @RMEAmericas

Hi, that sorted it! tongue)

Thanks!

Chris

i'm having the same issue with only one certain project that really matters to me. it seems like all the instruments are working fine because all instruments seem to be playing as the sound indicator for those specific instruments is moving. Its the main volume bar, right by the midi bar (F2) on the transport panel thats not moving. I went through the process you mentioned and it didn't do it. Now i have a simple setup. I use my headsets and i don't have any mixers. I've never used the control room either. What do you think this may be?