Topic: Multiface2 - Pcie Card - Windows 7 64 bit - Freezes

Hallo,

ich habe ein neues Laptop (Dell Vostro) und mußte um mein Multiface weiter nutzen zu können auch gleich eine PCI Express Card dazu erwerben. Die Installation der Treiber war reibungslos und das Gerät wird ohne Fehler angezeigt. Ich a´habe die neuesten Treiber von der RME Seite installiert.

Wenn ich aber Audio über das Multiface abspiele, dauert es ca. 30 Sekunden und mein Laptop friert ein. Dementsprechend hab ich dann auch kein ordentliches Audio mehr. Manchmal kannich den Mauszeiger noch etwas bewegen, meißt aber nicht. Da das Laptop ansonsten störungsfrei arbeitet, vermute ich ein Problem mit der RME Hardware.

Gibt es Vorschläge was ich noch prüfen kann? Vorschläge wie ich die Kombination zum laufen bekomme?

------
Hi,

i got a new dell laptop with an RME pci express card. installation with the newest drivers was flawless, but if i now send some audio through the card i get the laptop to freeze after ~30 seconds. as the dell is running fine when im not using the RME Hardware i guess there some problem with this.

Any suggestions? Know Error?
------
Cheers,
Steve

Equipment:
Multiface 2
PCI Express Card
Windows 7 64 bit
DELL Vostro 3750 mit Core i7, 8GB & 750GB

Re: Multiface2 - Pcie Card - Windows 7 64 bit - Freezes

Hi again,

i tried:

- deactivation of power saving features in windows, including pci express settings.
- using different firewirecable, power unit
- new nvidia driver for grafic chip
- checked bios settings, but there is not much to configure

on my other, old, laptop and my workstation, the multiface works well with the cardbus card.

but still, with the pci express card,  i still get freezes. :-(

regards
steve

Hi,

it actually looks like, that i only get a freeze when i am opening total mix or digi check. i now have "foobar" playing for a while. it runs fine. shorlty after i open total mix, the laptop freezes.

regards
steve

Hello, we have indeed seen a similar issue on a desktop Dell that we tested for a customer. Behaviour with several identical PCIe cards was quite erratic (search form for Optiplex). It was clear thet the problem was related to the Dell hardware and the PCIe implementation, I can only assume the problem is of a similar issue here. There seems to be no way to disable PCIe related power saving features on these Dells, which may or may not be part of the problem. It helps on others laptops, e.g. Lenovo.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Hi,

thanks for your reply! I will send the dell back and guess i order an lenovo e520 instead. i hope the bios for this version allows deactivation of the PCIe power saving.

regards
steve

Hi again,

the e520 seems to have a slow harddrive. but the l520 has a 54 pci e slot.
http://www.notebooksbilliger.de/lenovo+ … ge+78596bg

does the 34 fit into the 54 slot?

thanks
steve