Topic: UCX: Failing without USB connection and wobbly power socket

Hi,

just got my new Fireface UCX and I'm amazed about the performance, especially the low latency.

However, there are two issues and I wonder if these should be considerd defects:

1. Often, but not always, the seven-segment display is off after power-on and the encoder knob is not functional.
This frequently happens if power is turned off while there is a USB connection and I wait a couple of minutes before turning power back on.
If I just wait a few seconds before turning power back on, that problem does usually not occur.
The problem can be fixed by disconnecting power again, waiting a couple of minutes, connecting USB and then turning power on.
I assume the seven-segment display should never stay off when powered-on, nor should the encoder be not functional.
I also assume that such behavior should not depend on how long power is disconnected.
Firmware is the latest, v42.

2. The power socket is rather wobbly. When plugged in, I can twist it by approx. 5 degrees in either direction.
That doesn't seem to affect the power connection, but I wonder if this is normal or if there is something loose inside.

I'd appreciate if anyone could shed some light on this based on their own experience.

TIA,
Varta

Re: UCX: Failing without USB connection and wobbly power socket

Such a start-up behavior is not normal. Might be the unit, might be the power supply. The loose connector is 'normal'.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I would prefer to call the connector "flexible", not "loose"... ;-)

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Good to know the start-up behavior is not normal, I'll stop trying and testing and rather send the unit in for repair.
I agree with Daniel: "Flexible" sounds a lot more valuable to me than "loose". :-)

Thanks,
Varta