Topic: Sound brilliance on Fireface earphones

Hi all,
I am an happy Babyface user since one year but I am definitely having some issues with 'sound brilliance' in earphones. No speakers in my room to make double checks, just a single earphone.
My input is a Yamaha MOX Keyboard. MOX output is connected to Babyface inputs via balanced cables I think my connections are all ok.
I discovered that the sound in the earphones directly connected to MOX is quite more... brilliant than the one coming from Babyface Earphone output. And I am struggling in trying to understand "why".
I checked main things, connections, mixer effects (no effects switched on in TotalMix) and I am sure the volumes are set-up at the same levels during the two tests: after all those verifications, the difference in sound quality remains.
By hearth, what could be the cause? Some specific setting in TotalMix I didn't check that could have reduced the brillance? Some suggestion in how to better connect MOX and Babyface (now I have two balanced male TRS in the MOX and arriving to RME with two TRS/XLR converters and playing on AN1 and AN2 on my TotalMix). What else?
Whatever input / suggestion from your side, even an easy one (I am not an audio technician) is more than welcome !
Thanks !

Re: Sound brilliance on Fireface earphones

An impedance mismatch between the output impedance of your keyboard and the input impedance of the Babyface could explain this. Thsi Sound On Sound article is a good place to start:

The Importance Of Impedance: http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/1994_ar … dance.html

best regards,
Blair Francey
Fireface 802/ARC USB; HDSP Multiface x 2; 2023 AMD Windows 10 Custom PC