Topic: Asio Multimedia and Cubase SX

Hi!

I'm having problems setting up asio multimedia for cubase sx again, after it works perfect for 6 years with my RME 800

when i start the sync test for Fireface 800 Analog 1+2 MME Output in asio multimedia settings i get

Errorcode: FF8-5-000C
Device could not be opened

when i start the same test for Fireface 800 Analog 1+2 MME Input in asio multimedia settings the test starts but nothing happens

after that the window: your asio settings changed, would you like to test? I answer yes
In this actual configuration not all devices could be started with the selected options sad

(i hope i translated error message from german language correctly)

RME 800 Driver Version 2.95 & Hardware Revision 2.77

Windows XP SP3
Cubase SX3 Version 3.1.1 built on Oct 13 2005

any help would be appreciated

best regards & greetings from vienna, the heart of europe
by(e)
hudriwudri

Re: Asio Multimedia and Cubase SX

Why do you want to use MME drivers instead of ASIO drivers? ASIO drivers are usually to be prefered.

3 (edited by hudriwudri 2012-09-14 16:10:00)

thx for answering timur wink

i not get any sound out of my RME don't know why sad neither MME or ASIO sad

trying since yesterday, have job to be finished on monday and i not find any solution for this problem, but it was working flawlessly for nearly 6 years. Midi is funcional, this one i just tried Midi out from RME and Audio in from my triton to RME has sound, but importing any wav file in cubase kepps my speakers silent sad

by(e)
hudriwudri

4 (edited by Timur Born 2012-09-15 00:08:29)

What about other applications (you can use the free trial of Reaper for testing of ASIO)? Do they work?

What does Totalmix show? Maybe you messed with some routing in Totalmix?

Anything that could have messed with drivers on your system and a driver reinstallation might help?

Red host light and Fireface Settings error counter trouble-free?

thx for your answer, i will try your hints this afternoon, and report back again!
now i have to go to a meeting in vienna smile

by(e)
hudriwudri

uninstalled Cubase SX3 as choosing AS'IO in Reaper freezes Reaper Software until i finish in Taskmanager.

After that Reaper works like a charme.

So the Problem comes from Cubase SX3, hopefully, when re-install i will not loose any VST Plugin and my Marching Band Samples

Totalmix starts as icon, when i choose new totalmix window in the Function select window on the left i can choose mixer or matrix view, but on the right part of this window (initial device) there's nothing, i do not know why, but i'm happy right now, because i know, that the RME800 is not broken, now i will try to fix the Problem with the damned Cubase.....

thx for help, i will report again

by(e)
hudriwudri

final report to this topic - solved!

Uninstall Cubase and reinstall did the trick! Everything's working like a charm again smile And i did not loos any of my VST Racks and Kontaktplayer stuff smile

Thx for help @ Timur smile

So i can finish my job today or tonight wink

From now on, i will be visiting this Forum regularly

bye for now, back to work smile

by(e)
hudriwudri