Topic: Digiface HDSPe Setings - Sample Rate Not Changing

Hi,

I've just upgraded to OSX Lion 10.7.5 and updated my Digiface's drivers to version 3.04 (firmware revision 18).

The Sample Rate checlbox in the HDSPe Settings dialog doesn't have any effect.

I can change the sample rate in Audio MIDI setup but the HDSPe settings dialog doesn't change anything.

I'm running it with an Orpheus, but I've also tried switching the Orpheus off and running the Digiface on it's own as clock master.  I've also tried changing the sample rate in HDSPe settings and then rebooting but the sample rate can only be changed in Audio MIDI setup.

Is this normal behavior?  What am I missing?

Danno

Logic 10.7.2 - macOS Monterey 12.7.5
HDSPe Digiface via ExpressCard Adapter
Fireface UFX III & UCX I

Re: Digiface HDSPe Setings - Sample Rate Not Changing

That should indeed work. We'll check. Else the system is working? Sound in and out, TotalMix...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Everything else is working and I can set the sample rate in Audio MIDI setup no problem.

The Digiface syncs to the Orpheus as Master or Slave (when the Orpheus is connected) and Totalmix and Logic seem fine.

Just noticed today that the drop-down sample rate box has no effect.  The "Properties for" box now says "Digiface (B)" where it used to say Digiface 6A?

Also I changing the sample rate on the clock master (either Digiface or Orpheus) doesn't automatically change the slave's sample rate.  I now have to change the sample rate in the Digiface (via audio midi step), the Orpheus and Logic separately.

Not a big problem, just a little strange.

Thanks...

Fireface UFX III & UCX I

Actually forget that last bit.  The Digiface is changing it's sample rate automatically inline with Logic and the Orpheus.  It's just with the Orpheus that I have to manually change the sample rate when it's slaved to the Digiface's clock.  More quirks of the Orpheus driver's as usual.

The first bit still applies.  The Sample Rate in HDPSe Settings are still not having any effect.

Danno

Fireface UFX III & UCX I

We use Core Audio calls to do this. They might fail when the name is not correct or identical. Is the Digiface listed with the exact same name+extension in Audio MIDI Setup and in the card's Settings dialog?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME