Topic: Fireface 400 Driver install error

Hi there, I am a new user to the forum. I researched extensively the issue I am encountering but I found no solution in the forum or online.
my fireface 400 is not recognised by my both my computers. at the moment I am trying to connect it with:

Macbook Pro 15-inch  2.4/2.2GHz
Software  Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4 (11E53)
Memory  2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

It was working absolutely fine before but I haven't used it after installing OS X Lion. I have the same problem with a new iMac 21 inches with these specs:

iMac Mid 2011 21.5 inches
Processor  2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory  4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics  AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB
Software  Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3 (11D50b)
• Chipset:  Revision ID: 0900000   (i followed instructions on this forum and I got that number via terminal)

on both machines under system profiler > Firewire I have this:
"Maximum Speed:    Up to 800 Mb/sec"

in System Preferences > Network > Firewire it says "Status: Not Connected"

On the imac where i had the drivers previously installed they don't launch anymore.

On the fireface the Red light next to "HOST" is on constantly.

I used two different firewire cables since the machines ports are different. Ones is 400 to 400 (MacBook Pro) and 800 to 400 (iMac)

the drivers (Fireface_312_x86) installed successfully on both machines but when I launch the Fireface Flash update (171 277) it gives me a window with this message:

"Error No Fireface Driver or device installed"

Any help or advice in solving this issue would be greatly appreciated. As you can imagine I am getting increasingly worried.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Re: Fireface 400 Driver install error

Hello Roberto,

in System Preferences > Network > Firewire it says "Status: Not Connected"

This is referring to an IP network over FireWire, nothing to do with the FF400 at all. You can check for detection of the device in the System Information app (Applications/Utilities). Click on FireWire on the left and it will show any devices detected on the bus.

Your FW chipset rev is fine, nothing to worry about there.

Have you tried both FW400 ports on the Fireface? One may be damaged while the other still works.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Hi Jeff, thank you very much for your reply.

In the System Information App, under firewire on the left it only says:

"FireWire Bus:
Maximum Speed:    Up to 800 Mb/sec"

Nothing else. I've tried both ports and the card is still not being recognised or show up in the display. I also tried to power the unit by the its power plug rather than using the Bus but still nothing to do.

What else would you suggest?

Thank you

I think it's time to contact your local RME distributor for bench testing and repairs if required, sorry.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

sad bad news.  Thank you for your support anyway. I see that your company is the UK official support for RME.
I will give them a call tomorrow.

Thanks again Jeff