1 (edited by tanzmaus 2012-11-30 21:42:49)

Topic: Total-Mix - How can I control the second column of the matrix via MIDI

Hello,

On the image below: which MIDI channel / cc controls the red marked control in the matrix ?

Via a midi cable I can control each position in the left columns <Out 1, Out 2> .
But I don't find out howto control anythingin the <Out 3, Out 4> columns.

( At AS 1/2 I have Ableton and on   <Out 1, Out 2> with cannel 5, cc 107 I can control the volume at the XLR output.
Now I'd like to get the Ableton - out on the Headphone, before I blend it into the Taktor - Mix )

[ yes, the sound is great and I already have the new firmware and software - with babyface and windows, the XS-Session contoller is connected to babyface with a midi cable ]

Best regards
tanzmaus
http://tanz-freiburg.net/baby_s_matrix.jpg

Re: Total-Mix - How can I control the second column of the matrix via MIDI

You have to change the current submix to the correct output, here Phones, to control those playback faders. Might be easier to understand if you change to the mixer view.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hello Mathias,

thank You for the answer.

I used the matrix just for the photo.

In the DJ situation I'm working with two submixes simultanous.

'Main' and 'Ph 3/4'.

I have to instuments:
Traktor on AN 1/2 and Ableton on AS 1/2.

I'm using a midi controler with free assignable control deals.
My Question is: Can I control the volume of AS 1/2 in both of the submixes simultanous on two different control deals ?

Best Regards
tanzmaus

This description is both confusing and unclear. If you talk about AS 1/2 in the playback row then simply activate Trim Gains in that channel.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Well, with the help of Mr. Fuchs the answer is now clear:

No.
It's not possible to control the input faders of two different submixes simultanous - because the mackie - protol is what it is.

( But that would be a nice feature )

Thank You.