Topic: DIGICheck 0.661 Not Working

Hi,

Since upgrading to OS X 10.7.5 and Logic Pro 9.1.8 about a month ago, DIGICheck is no longer working.  Please see screenshot below:

http://www.rand.me.uk/Audio/Manufacturers/RME/DIGICheck/DIGICheck%200.661%20Not%20Working.tiff

As you can see, the TotalMix meters are working fine, but the DIGICheck meter isn't moving.

Just after upgrading to OS X 10.7.5 and Logic Pro 9.1.8, I also installed a Fireface UFX for a couple of weeks whilst working at a studio.  So either the upgrade to OS X 10.7.5, or the upgrade to Logic Pro 9.1.8, or the installation of the UFX, or a combination of these factors seems to have made DICICheck stop working.  The UFX is now gone and I've since removed all applications and .kext files for the UFX, but this has made no difference to DIGICheck.

I've also tried removing and re-installing DIGICheck.

Also, at the same time as DIGICheck stopped working, this problem also started: Digiface HDSPe Settings - Sample Rate Not Changing.  I don't know if these problems are related.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Danno

Logic 9.1.8 (1700.67) (32-bit) - OS X Lion 10.7.5
Digiface <-> [Fireface UCX & Prism Orpheus - ADAT]

Re: DIGICheck 0.661 Not Working

Follow your link - you never answered my last questions.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by DanRand 2012-12-22 00:36:18)

Apologies for not getting back to you before.  Manic month!

Anyway, screenshots from Audio MIDI Setup, HDSPe Settings and HALLab (bottom).  HDSPe Settings is the only one listing the Digiface as "Digiface (B)", all others are listed as "Hammerfall DSP Digiface (B)", including Logic.

Also, HDSPe Settings shows the Digiface is slaved @ 48k, but the drop down menu still shows 44100 Hz.

Thanks,

Danno

http://www.rand.me.uk/Audio/Manufacturers/RME/DIGICheck/DIGICheck%200.661%20Not%20Working%20-%20Audio%20MIDI%20&amp;%20HDSPe%20Settings%20Device%20Names.tiff

Any idea why this is happening?

Can't see DIGICheck version 0.662 on the downloads page?

It's there, but will not solve this problem. Somehow your registry got screwed up. The driver and DIGICheck both rely on the correct name of the audio interface. If that name is not correct then DC will not see the interface, and the Settings dialog will fail in controlling the system settings of the interface. You might have to zap your prefs and reinstall the drivers. Sorry, no details as we did never see such an error until now.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

7 (edited by DanRand 2012-12-22 19:28:59)

Re-installing the HDSPe 3.04 driver didn't help.

Which preferences are you referring too?

Thanks,

D

OK, never mind, I've trashed my preferences.  As per Remove the RME Hammerfall DSP driver and apps on Mac OS X, I removed the following:

/Applications/Hammerfall DSP Mixer/HDSPe Mixer
/Applications/HDSPe Settings
/Library/Audio/MIDI Drivers/HDSP MADI MIDI.plugin
/System/Library/Extensions/HDSP MADI.kext ???
/Users/[username]/Library/Preferences/Hammerfall DSP [folder]
/Users/username/Library/Preferences/com.rme.HDSPeMixer.plist (specifically com.rme.hdspemixer.plist - all lower case)
/Users/[username]/Library/Preferences/com.rme.HDSPeSettings.plist

Also deleted this, just in case:

/Library/LaunchAgents/de.rme-audio.hdspAgent.plist

I also, removed any drivers/files from my temporary installation of a Fireface UFX, as per Remove the RME Fireface driver and apps on Mac OS X.

I removed DIGICheck 0.661.

I then re-installed the HDSPe 3.04 Drivers and DIGICheck.

None of this has worked.  As things stand, I can't change the sample rate if the Digiface is clock Master.  Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks,

D

I've also repaired disk permissions, verified my hard disk, and installed DIGICheck 0.662.

Nothing helped.

D