1 (edited by dennisp 2013-12-11 20:09:32)

Topic: RayDat Firmware 13 Update problem [SOLVED]

Hi there,

I just found out that RME has new drivers (3.38) with a matching Firmware revision 13 for RayDAT.

I installed the drivers - reboot

I updated the firmware (erasing, writing, success) - shutdown and turn off power.

After this I find that the audio becomes a little flakey in Sonar X3 and sometimes stops entirely, so I go to the DSP Settings and find that the "About" tab displays drivers version 3.38, but nothing about which firmware.

The firmware does now seem to appear in the "Global" as part of the card name in the "Change Card Order" section - and this still displays "Revision=12".

When I run the FUT again it still says RayDAT, Rev. 12 - so I tried to reflash again, shutdown the computer, cut the power, turn the power back on and start the computer - but it keeps telling me it is a RayDAT, Rev. 12

I'm running Windows 8.1 x64 - could that be the cause of the problems?
What else can I do to get the firmware updated to revision 13 so it is aligned with the new drivers?

Re: RayDat Firmware 13 Update problem [SOLVED]

Turn off power and pull the plug for a minute....

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

3 (edited by dennisp 2013-12-08 11:31:57)

Sorry - that is what I did several times.

Now I just tried updating the firmware, and it says erasing 16 Blocks, and then programming to 100% and then claims success.
Clicking OK tells me to shut down the computer and turn off power, so I shut down the computer and turned off power (flicked the main switch on the socket in the wall - I always do that and it always worked previously) for about 8 minutes and turned it back on and booted into Windows and it still says Revision=12

I even tried running the pcie_fut.exe with "Run as administrator" to no avail.

Please advice

So... Are there any news on how to address my issue or do I have to revert to the previous version of the driver, although the newest is the one marked as windows 8.1 compatible?

Sincerely
Dennis

Does the latest fut still claim the card is "Not updated"?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

SOLVED!
Oh this is interesting.

I just downloaded the fut Again to try it out, but no difference.

Then I did it Again just after a restart, shut Down the computer and then I unplugged from the wall socket and waited a minute and then replugged the cord...
After boot it now reports Revision 13 as it should...

So appearently some minor current is still flows from the socket in the wall even though it has been switched off... scary yikes

So for anyone else running into the same problem - try to unplug the cord to the computer and wait one minute.

Thank you for your patience wink