1 (edited by iamjohnblue 2014-01-31 11:58:40)

Topic: DSP Multiface 1 pcimcia to adaptor i/0 error? help

Hi, I need help.

i bought a multiface 1, with a 15pin cardbus card. a power supply and a cable.

i run windows 7 64, custom pc. i am just installing new windows, i could go back to 32bit since i really only need it for ableton, and i am going to run that at 32 anyways...

i have a texas instruments pcimcia adaptor...

everything looks good ... device manager sees the rme hammerfall... i've installed the drivers and flashed the box with "success" from the flasher thing...

i have a red light.... solid...

the mixer is there...

but on the dsp display, i get

i/o box error...

ive never used rme... i had been using echo for 10 years, i really hope to get this thing working... but i am lost...

i kinda figured if i had flashed with "success" then, the box is talking to the card...

what am i missing... i get no sound...

OH, another thing... is that the analog 1-2 playback is also labeled "speakers" which is wierd...

if i need to run an older driver, thats fine, i just get bad "directions" when searching on the internet, even around here, because the names... well the only difference in terms of searching.. are an added [h ] DSP multiface i [i ] so it is really hard to find anything...

Re: DSP Multiface 1 pcimcia to adaptor i/0 error? help

How can a solid red light be ok? It is the opposite. The external box did not boot. You flashed the CardBus card, which is ok. Current driver is this one:

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/dr … in_338.zip

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by iamjohnblue 2014-02-01 10:04:02)

i have no luck here, no matter what i do the red light is solid... this box looks brand new, i bought it from a guy who said he never really used it, and it shows... its pristine.

could it be the cable? can i find another cable?

is there anyway to test the box?

and also, before i consider buying a true pci card, can i assume that the card i have is working, given the above information, and that the problem is outside?

and are the any jumpers inside the box that can reset its firmware?

serial #22296316 rev 1.4

nothing?