1 (edited by eicen 2014-02-13 20:04:20)

Topic: Disable control room

Hi Guys

Is it possible to disable the control room in totalmix? or at least to set the main-output to "none"

Controlroom is blocking Madi out 1+2, which i would like to use for virtual soundcheck..

Thanks

/Kenneth

Re: Disable control room

Not sure what you mean by "blocking", these channels can still be used as usual even when assigned as Main in Control Room. Can you explain the problem in more detail?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

I've copy/pasted my thread from gearslutz:

After changing my interface from the old RME PCI madiface to the new USB Madiface, i am now experiencing a odd thing, when doing Virtual SC.
Ch 1 + 2 is some kind of mixdown, instead of what it should be ("BD in + out").
All other channels is okay.
If i solo track 1 in nuendo live, it sends out the BD-track as it is supposed to..

Seems like ether nuendo live or RME Totalmix is sending out a mixdown on 1+2?
have any of you guys tried something similar?

/Kenneth

What do you have feeding the Main's Submix?  If you retain a 1:1 routing for the Main CR section (MADI Inputs 1/2 to Main 1/2) then it should behave just like any other 1:1 routing outside the CR.

The CR Main Out is a submix just like any other Hardware Output (bottom row), it is just located on the Right side of the mixer and has a few bells and whistles a "regular" output channel doesn't.

cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8

In Totalmix FX menu, select Options > Reset Mix > Straight Playback. This will remove the playback mix from the Main outs.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.