Topic: Multiface 1 on HDSP 9632 via ADAT - possible?

Hi there,

I have here one HDSP 9632 with input expansion board in a standalone computer, and one Multiface 1 that I use with a laptop via Cardbus. All is working fine.

Now I would like to connect the Multiface 1 to the HDSP via ADAT in order to have more input channels. I am using two ADAT cables (signal and loopback). These are the tested setups so far:

1. The Multiface 1 is connected to the HDSP 9632 but also still to the laptop. The green lamp for the ADAT sync is lit. In the setup menu I see the ADAT sync (HDSP 9632 is the master, the Multiface the slave). However I can only see the Multiface input signals on the laptop, not on the standalone computer. With other words, the ADAT connection is synced but I don't see any delivered data.

2. Now I disconnect the Multiface 1 from the laptop for a test. The error LED blinks, after a restart of the Multiface it is constantly lit. No lock, no sync, no signal.

Ideally I had thought I could connect the Multiface as standalone expansion (without laptop) as ADAT slave to the HDSP 9632. Is that possible, and if so, how?

Thank you, Hannes

Re: Multiface 1 on HDSP 9632 via ADAT - possible?

1. The MF does not automatically route analog input signals to ADAT... You will need to configure that manually in the mixer.

2. What does "restart" refer to? There is no standalone functionality, only the limited disconnect mode, as explained in the manual.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Re: Multiface 1 on HDSP 9632 via ADAT - possible?

Thank you for responding. Routing the inputs to ADAT and checking the 'disconnect' box helped and all is working now.