1 (edited by bigzig 2014-07-07 11:16:54)

Topic: Search for follower for Digi9636

Hi, I am an "Oldie" and worked about 10 years with my Digi9636, bought and installed by a friend of mine. This hardware now is "dead" and I am looking for a new hardware in the same range. I am unsure in my decision f.e. whether to buy the 9632 or 9652, because my actual boards have other connections, till today I only worked with stereo jacks for in- and output. I cannot see those in the pictures of the new devices. What kind of connectors are used for audio in and out?
Is it enought to buy only the 9632 board to connect it with my active speakers (out) and with my Yamaha (in)? Or do I have to order addtional extension boards or anything else? Like described, I don't work with more instruments or devices.

Please give me some advice, the lot of technical datas and info are to complex for me - I only want to record via Cubase in a very small way.

Thank you for any help.
Martin

Re: Search for follower for Digi9636

It really depends on how many ADAT ports you need. The current PCIe equivalent of this card would be the HDSPe Raydat (4 ADAT ports). If one ADAT is sufficient, you could use the 9632 or the HDSPe AIO.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

3 (edited by bigzig 2014-07-07 13:26:49)

Re: Search for follower for Digi9636

Hi Daniel,
thank you for fast respond. It's really the lowest requirement you can imagine, I only work in my sitting room at home. Till today I have only used 4 plugs: 1 for audio out (+/-) to my active speaker system, 1 for audio in (+/-)from my alesis mixer - thats all. Connected with stereo jacks. I think the lowest version should be enough for me.
I was a little bit confused that I didn't find any plugs for stereo jacks in the HDSP9632, but I suppose, I have to use a special adapter to connect the stereo jacks to In- and Output.
Is it right, that the added breakout-cable provides the possiblity to connect my stereo jacks? It looks more like cinch-connectors....

Well, then I think I buy the HDSP9632 - and hope I don't need any other accessories? Ready for plug&play.

Thanks a lot, Daniel, I hope it will work in this way.....

Martin