Topic: Moving HDSP Multiface II over to Windows 7 - problem

We have a HDSP CardBus Card (pcmcia with "firewire" plug) that plugs into a Hammerfall DSP Multiface II box.  I had a simple PCI card adapter which converts the PCMCIA card to PCI card since we only run this RME card in a desktop computer.  We have been running fine with a Windows XP machine for the past few years and we just got a newer PC with Windows 7 64bit.  We were using an old version of CoolEdit 2000 on the XP machine, but we have moved to Adobe Audition (CS6) on the Windows 7 machine.

The problem is, on the new windows 7 machine, when I go into Adobe Audition and go to the "preferences" and "Audio Hardware" settings, the "Default Output does not show Analog 1+2 as an option.  It show Analog 3+4, Analog 5+6, and 7+8...along with all the ADAT channels and SPDIF.  On our XP machine, I could see the Analog 1+2 channels in CoolEdit.  Does anyone know why I can't see them with Audition and Windows 7?

Re: Moving HDSP Multiface II over to Windows 7 - problem

I think I can rule out CoolEdit and Audition because if I just go into the Windows Control panel/sound area, in the "playback" section, it does not show Analog 1+2 as a playback device.  I would assume that Audition is just getting it's available devices from Windows, and the problem seems to be Windows does not recognize Analog 1+2 as available devices (by the way, I have enable "the show disabled devices" and it is not listed there).

It might be likely that analog 1&2 are labeled as "Speaker" in Windows?  cool

Anything using ASIO should not exhibit any of these issues.  Are you using the RME ASIO driver in Audition and CEP?

cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8

They are labeled as speaker...now I feel pretty stupid smile

Thanks for the help!