Topic: UFX into Babyface via ADAT - Totalmix help needed
Rented a UFX for a recording session yesterday. BTW – UNBELIEVABLE sound – just amazing! A big step up from the babyface too.
I could not figure out how to ‘see’ the UFX ADAT 2 outputs (using mics on channels 9-12) in Totalmix. I eventually just used the UFX direct to PC via USB, but I’d like to use the babyface to control the monitors and headphones.
Here’s what I tried:
- Updated the UFX firmware and driver successfully, restarted etc
- Syncing – successfully sync’ed UFX to Babyface at 16/48 (as shown in the babyface control panel)
- Can see and hear UFX mix input on UFX front screen and through UFX headphone outputs
- Tried resetting the matrix in Totalmix (for Babyface) and reactivating all the input and output – no luck
- Tried ADAT output 1 AND 2
Is there something else I could do? I’ve read through the manual, but the sections on Totalmix in the UFX and Babyface manuals aren’t specific enough on that.
Please share your advice and thank you!