Topic: UFX into Babyface via ADAT - Totalmix help needed

Hey,

Rented a UFX for a recording session yesterday. BTW – UNBELIEVABLE sound – just amazing! A big step up from the babyface too.

But…

I could not figure out how to ‘see’ the UFX ADAT 2 outputs (using mics on channels 9-12) in Totalmix. I eventually just used the UFX direct to PC via USB, but I’d like to use the babyface to control the monitors and headphones.

Here’s what I tried:
-    Updated the UFX firmware and driver successfully, restarted etc
-    Syncing – successfully sync’ed UFX to Babyface at 16/48 (as shown in the babyface control panel)
-    Can see and hear UFX mix input on UFX front screen and through UFX headphone outputs
-    Tried resetting the matrix in Totalmix (for Babyface) and reactivating all the input and output – no luck
-    Tried ADAT output 1 AND 2

Is there something else I could do? I’ve read through the manual, but the sections on Totalmix in the UFX and Babyface manuals aren’t specific enough on that.

Please share your advice and thank you!

Steve

2 (edited by neirbod 2013-04-17 20:42:57)

Re: UFX into Babyface via ADAT - Totalmix help needed

Do you understand how to route signals in TM?  No offense intended, many new users have a hard time with this at first.   You should be able to route you signals in the UFX (e.g., mics 9/10 to ADAT OUT 1/2) and then save this routing as a preset to recall in standalone mode.