151 (edited by ning 2022-05-10 14:23:00)

Re: Firmware Update ADI-2 DAC 78 / 48 and ADI-2 Pro 262 / 112

MC, a rendering issue --- when doing bit test while quickly changing the sample rate,
(that is, to put all bit tests in a single play list and iterate through)
only the first sample rate is shown on screen...
Is this worthwhile improving?

MC wrote:

The analog inputs have been added to detection, firmware update coming soon.

Thank! I am waiting

Hey guys, can anyone help me with this riddle?

Our team purchased a RME ADI-2 Pro FS R AD/DA Interface from you for our tape archiving set up. It’s a very simple set up:

TASCAM 122 MKIII > RME ADI-2 Pro FS R > USB/Mac M1

We have been running this system for a few months with no issues. Everything was working like it should. However, this morning, I could not get the AD/DA convertor to receive signal when the computer turns on. When the computer is off, I have good signal coming from my Tascam 122 MKIII into the RME ADI-2 Pro FS R. Monitoring works fine here through any output. But when the computer is switched on, it re-configures as per normal to USB Mode, however, signal then becomes non-existent.

When the computer is on, I can see the RME ADI-2 Pro FS R device in my system preferences/sound preferences. The I/O shows up fine. Just no signal… I have tried manually configuring the connectivity from Auto to Manual selection as well, this didn’t change anything. I have also tried many restarts of the entire system and the issue is still apparent.

I have the RME ADI-2 Pro FS R User guide in front of me, and have looked through forums etc for support on this issue, but had no luck finding a fix.

Any suggestions? Do you have any troubleshooting guidance for the RME ADI-2 Pro FS R?

Do you see levels on the global meter screen or the Analog Input Analyzer screen in USB mode?

If so what software is used for recording?

Did you try DigiCheck NG to check input signals arriving on the Mac?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you Matthias.

As soon as the USB mode connects (computer is turned on), I lose all my metering on the interface itself. However, it is there when the computer is NOT connected. I have normal metering when the Tascam is feeding the interface without the computer connected.

The software we are using for this rig is WavesLab.

I haven't tried that last suggestion.. how do I go about this process?

We are getting some abnormal stop/start signal when we try record as well. eg... the signal for looks as if it spikes quite severely, like it is far too hot of a signal and it hits the ceiling. Then, drops out for a second or two, then spikes again.. very confused by what's happening.

Appreciate your time.

sincerely,

Steve

In the global level meter screen (left two bars) as well as the Analyzer screen of Analog Input, it is impossible to loose the input signal on the level meter by just pluggin in USB. If so your unit seems to be defective.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Might it be Automatic Mode Switching switches to a different input than Analog, when USB is plugged?

There is no way to mute the analog input level meter in both screens. They work in all Basic modes, even if the signal is not used due to routing.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME