Topic: I can´t change the volume

Hi everyone,

I have been having a problem for a while now. When I turn the volume potentiometer, no matter if it is on main out or phones, the volume does not change. It makes a feint, but stays at the same volume.

The only option I have is when I press vol and it is on the linked screen, then, if I press encoder 1 and turn that wheel, then I can change the main out volume and the same happens with the phones volume if I use encoder 2, but I can't regulate the volume as before, just using the volume potentiometer.

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance

Re: I can´t change the volume

Check manual, "lock volume".

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Lock volume in both is "off"

Which device is this? Does the display show a volume change?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

ADI-2 Pro FS
when I try to change the volume, the numbers blink as if they are going to change, but return to the same value. The same thing happens if I try to change the panning.

It's like it's all in lock, but it's not.
The firmware is at the latest version.

delpinator wrote:

Lock volume in both is "off"

Tried toggling the setting on and off again?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Yes, I have tried it.
In lock, the values do not flicker and remain fixed.

Does this happen with and without connection to a computer? Is the firmware up to date?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Yes, this happens connected via USB or not connected.
As I said before, it is fully up to date.
It is something very strange, since this has happened from one day to the next one, without any reason or changes.

11 (edited by KaiS 2023-10-19 09:33:51)

Try a reset:

While powering up, push and hold the VOL button (NOT the VOLUME dial) and Encoder 1, until you see the message: “Reset done.

User Setups and EQ Presets are not deleted.

Or a full factory reset:

While powering up, push and hold the VOL button (NOT the VOLUME dial) and Encoder 1 and Encoder 2, until you see the message: “Reset done“.

All user Setups and EQ Presets are deleted.
Take notes before, or store them through the Remote App, if you want to keep some.

Are you playing back DSD by any chance with direct DSD option? I believe volume control is disabled in this case.