Topic: TotalMix FX its operation mode effects both units

I have a Babyface Pro and Digiface USB and they are connected to same computer. I want to run the BabyFace Pro in Full Mode and the Digiface USB in Digital Workstation mode. But every time i change inside TotalMix FX it’s opertionmode it effects both units.

Re: TotalMix FX its operation mode effects both units

In Totalmix menu Options the first point "Enable MIDI control",
is this enabled ? Then switch it off and see if this helps, not sure...

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Turn it off. Didn't work

Your scenario is so special and rare, no one else ever encountered this misbehaviour I guess.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

5 (edited by ramses 2023-09-19 20:37:11)

jn4u.jn4u wrote:

I have a Babyface Pro and Digiface USB and they are connected to same computer. I want to run the BabyFace Pro in Full Mode and the Digiface USB in Digital Workstation mode. But every time i change inside TotalMix FX it’s opertionmode it effects both units.

Works as designed. DAW mode was introduced for people who wanted to route in the DAW and nothing else.
The intention was not to finally have different TM FX instances with different modes...

But I do not see any issues … Simply use TM FX full mode in both instances.

With a mouse click, you can get in TM "Full Mode" the same routing as in DAW mode.

See my posting here: https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 26#p190726

Moreover, you have the possibility to add additional routings through the digital matrix of the interface just in case you need to a lower RTL for certain monitoring flows.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

There is only one TotalMix FX, and therefore all units (or device windows) will use the same mode - DAW or full.

I also don't see what the DAW mode is good for on a small interface with only a few channels like the BF. But you could imitate that mode a bit by hiding the playback channels...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks....