1 (edited by oglow 2019-10-15 15:39:26)

Topic: Speaker B set to single output?

HI,
Is there any way to set the speaker B to a single output i.e AN 3 and not only AN3/4
I have an ARC and love the speaker B push button and utilise the snapshots a lot already but have recently switched to just a single "B monitor" as I only really used my old stereo set for checking mono with bass challenged speakers.

Would love to be able to do it without setting up a snapshot, as when doing it that way, the speaker B doesnt follow the volume state of Main outputs. PLus AN 4 is justbeing wasted.
Surely I'm not the only one using a mono speaker as speaker B and don't want to lose an analog output unneededly.

Re: Speaker B set to single output?

> as when doing it that way, the speaker B doesnt follow the volume state of Main output

Speaker B only follows the volume state of Main Out, if you press "link" button at Speaker B's fader

You can create a Fader group for a mono output channel and Main Out.

>  PLus AN 4 is justbeing wasted.

Why wasted ? Also Speaker B uses some other outputs ...

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

any result with this? I want to use speaker B for a single mixcube and ARC

I'm also using speaker B as a mono output. But I made a stereo to mono adaptercable so I don't have to click 2 buttons. So when I hit speaker B I instantly get a down mixed version on my mono speaker. Works great

This is a pretty old topic...

Are there any news/updates/ideas?

Basically, I'm going to purchase a UFX III and consider the ARC USB, to get rid of my monitor controller between the interfaces and amps. Seems to make sense, better sound etc..

All I'm using on the monitor controller is DIM, and a mono sub out, that I switch on while switching OFF the output to my main speakers, to check my mix on a mixcube.

I'd love to set Speaker B to a single output on the UFX III, to my mixcube. Is that nowadays possible?

Use speaker B for the stereo loudspeakers and use the Main-out (set to mono with the mono button in the control room) for the mix-cube

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

mmm, I'd prefer using the XLR outs for my main monitors, and ideally 1 additional output for the mixcube... Thanks for the advice in any case!

amaury.groc wrote:

mmm, I'd prefer using the XLR outs for my main monitors, and ideally 1 additional output for the mixcube... Thanks for the advice in any case!

I’ve been on this journey too. I ended up getting a TRS to XLR Stereo to Mono cable..

Before I did this I used ARC with default dim button reconfigured for mono. I could then press Speaker B and Dim at the same time when to switching to the Avantone.

Si

Alright, so no better option than pressing Mono or making a Y cable.. Which I may do then. Too bad, I guess it's a need that could be addressed in software by RME and seems a common one.

Thanks!

amaury.groc wrote:

That can remain, just assign it in the control room to Speaker B instead main-out.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Isn't the Mono button in Control Room affecting Speaker B as well?

Yes…