51 (edited by maggie33 2024-08-04 08:56:48)

Re: TotalMix Fx 1.96 Beta – public preview available Windows/Mac

I do not exacty understand as i do not know with which tool you open the ods on which os.

Before MC offerd the xls Version, i did the following:
- Opened  OscTableTotalMix_240722.ods in libreoffice (debian) saved it as xlsx
- opened the xlsx in numbers on mac -> here i got the popup that the „ Monotype“ font is missing.
- so i selected Courier New as a Substitution for Monotype
-> everything worked fine.

“Do It For Her”
My Gear: Bontempi Magic light Keyboard

Mac osx ventura, Microsoft excel, Monofont is not missing on my computer.

Hi, is the Room EQ feature ever coming to the Babyface Pro FS? Or at least more custom bands without any extra hassle? I'm literally begging you—three bands are really not enough.

54 (edited by ramses 2024-08-07 14:10:49)

peja_997 wrote:

Hi, is the Room EQ feature ever coming to the Babyface Pro FS? Or at least more custom bands without any extra hassle? I'm literally begging you—three bands are really not enough.

It's all in the thread about the Room EQ, which devices get it and this question has already been answered a few times.

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=38691

The feature requires, among other things, the 2nd FPGA like in the larger devices (802 FS, UFX II, UFX III to put a few examples). But even there it only works with the newer models of 802 (802 FS) and HDSPe MADI FX.

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=39428

The requirements for these features (Room EQ, Crossfeed), do not fit to the main design aim for the Babyface Pro FS
to be able to run on USB2 bus power. It would exceed the possible power target.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

peja_997 wrote:

Hi, is the Room EQ feature ever coming to the Babyface Pro FS? Or at least more custom bands without any extra hassle?

Room EQ for sure not, even bigger brothers like FF UFX or FF 802 do not get it...

And more custom bands? Hard to say, but as Babyface Pro FS has only reduced set of FX and part of it even runs on computer and not inside the unit, I strongly doubt it...

Dope! thanks.

how do you get this installed? ive tried about 10 times and all that happens is that I click on the link and get a rme icon but now new software

ruhmange wrote:

how do you get this installed? ive tried about 10 times and all that happens is that I click on the link and get a rme icon but now new software

The very first post: https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 22#p221522

MC wrote:

Installation

Windows: Exit TotalMix FX (right click systray icon) and copy the new version into Windows\System32, overwriting the old file.

Mac: Exit TotalMix FX completely and copy the app into the Applications folder, overwriting the old file.

Fireface UFX+ | Fireface UFX | Babyface Pro | 12Mic

Running TM 1.96 b7 I wonder if I've uncovered a small bug.

I'm trying to use a fader group to manage main volume along with an LFE channel for 2.1 monitoring. I have snapshot #1 with no LFE. I go to snapshot #3 and set up signal to go to a mono out feeding LFE. I edit a fader group and add Main monitor + LFE output to group. Save snapshot. Everything is working well. If I go back to snapshot other than #3 and then comeback to SS #3 the LFE channel is no longer in the group I set up even though I saved SS and I also saved workspace.

Kind regards

paulnajar wrote:

Running TM 1.96 b7 I wonder if I've uncovered a small bug.

I'm trying to use a fader group to manage main volume along with an LFE channel for 2.1 monitoring. I have snapshot #1 with no LFE. I go to snapshot #3 and set up signal to go to a mono out feeding LFE. I edit a fader group and add Main monitor + LFE output to group. Save snapshot. Everything is working well. If I go back to snapshot other than #3 and then comeback to SS #3 the LFE channel is no longer in the group I set up even though I saved SS and I also saved workspace.

Kind regards

How did you make two fadergroups with some faders are the same on both groups ?
I can select a fader for a fader-group only once. Not possible to have a fader being part of different fader groups...?

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

61 (edited by paulnajar 2024-08-20 06:01:06)

You're correct. I can only add a fader to one group also. But in the SS where I don't have group on and switch to SS where I do have a group on one of the faders is lost from the group - the LFE. I'm not trying to add it to more than one group.

I've just discovered another part to this behaviour. If I create group and save SS and then save workspace, reloading the workspace the LFE channel remains part of the group as expected. But if I switch to another SS where group is off and then switch back the channel is lost from the group.

Minor items, to do with colours of text in channel names.

"White" and "--" are offered, but both produce white labels (normal colour scheme).  "White", if selected, perhaps could be underlined?  This would differentiate it from the "--" option.

And double the colour options currently available now would be quite useful.  8 is not quite enough variety, but 16 would provide greater variety.

As said, minor items in the grand scheme.

Greetings, new here and have been using this 1.96 beta for about 2 weeks now. Issue is that TotalMix keeps randomly crashing/closing since installing. Let me know if I can provide more info. Thanks!

S9DD wrote:

Minor items, to do with colours of text in channel names. "White" and "--" are offered

I don't see any -- in the colour selection box, neither on Mac nor Windows.

S9DD wrote:

And double the colour options currently available now would be quite useful.  8 is not quite enough variety, but 16 would provide greater variety.

Won't work, because the colours start to look too similar. Plus you can't use colours that melt with the background.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

66 (edited by maggie33 2024-08-27 04:05:13)

I think with "--" S9DD means the the Dropdown in the bottom-right Section in the Channel Layout Dialogue. "Color (Name)" on Mac / "Color (Name-Field)" on Win. Or directly under the "Hide Channel in" section.

If you select multiple Channels in the main box at once and they have different colors assigned, it shows "--".
But actively selecting "--" there, does not affect any color or channel.
For me, it was always like an indicator.

“Do It For Her”
My Gear: Bontempi Magic light Keyboard

Thanks Maggie33. Yes, the lower box is there to change the colour of multiple channels at once, and obviously when they are different it can't show the current color anymore, hence --.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Actually, there is "--" in the bottom right selector, even if you only select one row to edit.

White is not underlined. 
Seven alt colours is a tad limiting, but YMMV. 
It's not a deal breaker.

Would have linked an image, but that BB feature seems disabled my side.

All the best with it.

TM FX 1.96 Mac and Win are now officially released, as is the Remote 1.42. The Remote iPad app is on its way at Apple as well. I updated the links in the first post to the released versions.

Currently only Mac drivers 3.33 and 4.14 already include TM FX 1.96, the others will follow soon. Or simply download the final version and install it as explained in post 1.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

70 (edited by soundflix 2024-08-31 17:54:04)

From release notes TM 1.96:

MC wrote:

- Cue via OSC restricted: does not allow switching to Main Out and Speaker B anymore

EDIT: I previously confirmed this to be working

It does not work as announced, at least according to my testing. Maybe I don't understand what was fixed.

First, I think the wording is misleading, because the Cue target is not always Main/Speaker B. It should read like:
"- Cue via OSC restricted: does not allow switching to Cue target anymore"

What works correctly (and was working correctly before 1.96):
When you try to select a Cue target as Cue source (by pushing CUE button or send OSC message [Address</1/cue/1/CRChannelNumber> Float<1.0>]), this is rejected i.e. has no effect.

What works wrongly still:
Main is Cue target. If Speaker B is active, it is possible (Button click or OSC) to select Main as the Cue source. This is non-sensical because Main & Speaker B share the same source.

One more thing I noticed:
If you change the Cue target (in Assign menu) to an output that is currently Cue source (lit green), the Cue button stays lit green. I think it should revert to not lit. Of course, this is a rare edge case.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Checking back in. Downloaded the official TM FX 1.96 release and I am still getting random crashes where TM FX quits and closes. Any advice on how to get this to stop?

Current system info:
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10940X CPU @ 3.30GHz   3.31 GHz
Installed RAM    128 GB (128 GB usable)
Edition    Windows 11 Pro
Version    23H2
Installed on    4/2/2023
OS build    22631.4037
Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22700.1027.0

Interface:
Fireface UFX+
Driver version 1.23 (Mod add: Thunderbolt)

Thanks for any help!

72 (edited by ramses 2024-09-11 21:08:57)

Same with 1.97b1?
https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=40049

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Thanks, I will try that version for a couple days and report back.