Re: TotalMix Fx 1.97 Beta – public preview available Windows/Mac

MC wrote:

Setups stored in the unit (for stand-alone mode) miss the complete software playback part of the mixer, for obvious reasons. That's why there will be no import into TM FX.

Thanks MC

... and creating a new Stand-Alone in TM→Operational Mode... (as Full or DAW) that allows loading stored Setups using the encoder SETUP/REW→Load/Store all Settings→Setup X→Load directly from the interface while is online?

Please, would it be possible?

UCX II 106/34/104 v1.251 TM1.96 - PC Win11 23H2 / Fedora WS 40 - Reaper 7.22

Kubrak wrote:

OK in that case TM could force interface to load one of six presets and then read it from interface. But OK, I see it is not as simple as it seemed to be. And there are probably more important things to work on....

But still, it would be IMHO handy, if implemented one day.

Thanks Kubrak

+1

UCX II 106/34/104 v1.251 TM1.96 - PC Win11 23H2 / Fedora WS 40 - Reaper 7.22

MC wrote:

The current total state is just a (one) state, and not a memory slot. For storing that one  1 or 6 times there is no memory.

In our multi user environment the upload often leads to confusion and questions, because most users assume that it uploads everything.

We therefore provide a workspace for everyone to manually import to their laptops, which also has its problems: Especially as the fader groups only come up correctly in all the snapshots of bespoken workspace, if "--" is selected under the "Do not load" section in the Preferences under Snapshots & Workspaces.

I would suggest to changes for the next version of Total Mix:
Please make that "--" setting and "Always init DSP devices with Total Mix FX setting" the standard/initial settings after a fresh install.

Thanks for your consideration.

54 (edited by ramses 2024-09-18 21:04:50)

hselters wrote:
MC wrote:

The current total state is just a (one) state, and not a memory slot. For storing that one  1 or 6 times there is no memory.

In our multi user environment the upload often leads to confusion and questions, because most users assume that it uploads everything.

We therefore provide a workspace for everyone to manually import to their laptops, which also has its problems: Especially as the fader groups only come up correctly in all the snapshots of bespoken workspace, if "--" is selected under the "Do not load" section in the Preferences under Snapshots & Workspaces.

I would suggest to changes for the next version of Total Mix:
Please make that "--" setting and "Always init DSP devices with Total Mix FX setting" the standard/initial settings after a fresh install.

Thanks for your consideration.

Sound like a good idea / default to me. +1

To load a predefined volume is IMHO a good idea.
I also would expect that most people would like to restore the last settings when the device was last connected to the PC.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

1) Or does the "Always init DSP devices with Total Mix FX setting" get saved within a workspace anyhow? Then it doesn't matter so much if it is checked by default or not...
It would actually mak sense if this is part of the workspace, also for the new "Load Room EQs with Snapshot" setting (I didn't test..., so that everything comes up correctly when loading a workspace which might contain one or the other way.

2) The do not load "--" as default after install I find really important though, in order to correctly transfer workspaces.
Or is there is a better global save for all Total Mix settings, to share among users of a studio environment and transfer the settings to new computers?

hselters wrote:

1) Or does the "Always init DSP devices with Total Mix FX setting" get saved within a workspace anyhow?
2) The do not load "--" as default after install I find really important though, in order to correctly transfer workspaces.

Preferences are stored separate from workspaces.

You find the XML file on Windows in the user profile, location:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\TotalMixFX\rme.totalmix.preferences.xml

The mentioned settings are in the XML element "Preferences"

<Preferences>
        <Preferences>
                         [...]
            <val e="DoNotLoadMainVolume" v="0"/>
                         [...]
            <val e="AlwaysUseTotalmixSettings" v="1"/>
                         [...]
        </Preferences>
[...]
</Preferences>
[...]

hselters wrote:

Or is there is a better global save for all Total Mix settings, to share among users of a studio environment and transfer the settings to new computers?

The preferences should not change that much, for me its always the same so you can configure it one time and then forget about it.

As the file also contains the names of Quick Workspace Select files, I would recommend making the required changes one time in TotalMix FX.

Or to change the default to what most people would regard as useful (the topic of your request, in the hope that it also serves others well).

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Big news in the updated first post! Also pics updated in second post! Download links in first post now point to versions 1.97b2.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Many thanks, Matthias, 1.97 beta 2 works nicely :-)

I like the new features to remember the last configured Bank under "Settings -> Aux. Devices" and showing the status of a remote connection, whether its "active".

This is very user-friendly and gives a good overview on whether remote control is established.

Also thanks for implementing knobs for TRS and Inst on 12Mic's channels 1-4, works like a charm :-)

Perfekt. Danke

UFX+, FireFace 802 FS, Digiface USB
12 Mic, M1610 pro, Micstasy
MacBookPro M1
Logic Pro X

60 (edited by ramses Yesterday 11:40:45)

Could it be that I found a little bug in 1.97b2?

I am just wondering if the selected Layout Preset is not being recovered after restarting TM FX either
a) by quitting TM FX and restarting or
b) by rebooting the PC.

If you select a Layout Preset the button turns blue and stays blue when loading a workspace or workspace quick select slot.

But as soon as you quit TM FX and restart it, then all Layout Preset buttons are dark.

Shouldn't it be the case, that TM FX should represent the last state when starting up?
And to the last state I would also regard the selected Layout Preset and then it should be lit.

Layout Preset selected and stored to Snapshot1:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/ukp0ehf2kxyoeq06e00q8/2024-09-19-TM-FX-1.97b2-Layout-Preset-selected.jpg?rlkey=4l1ja7xgbkf1sha1tp7ffvldz&amp;st=rysab7p0&amp;dl=1

After Restart of TM FX:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/7juj505h88oc0rpnx2srj/2024-09-19-TM-FX-1.97b2-After-restart-Layout-Preset-not-selected-anymore.jpg?rlkey=eyc2vezktj3infesh6pbbxmrn&amp;st=6ck9ycde&amp;dl=1

Wonderful! All works for me with 1.97b2 big_smile

I was able to quit Totalmix, restore my 12mic saved preset via web interface, restart Totalmix and all my settings came over.

Thanks!

Apple Mac Studio M1 Max, Sonoma, RME UFX III, 12Mic, Pulse 16 MX, Softube Console 1, Studio One 6