Topic: no sound in my headphones

i have no software outputs in my total mix window and i cant get sound out of my headphones, help please

using fireface uc on windows

Re: no sound in my headphones

Hi, your post is unclear, can you add some detail?

i have no software outputs in my total mix window

Means the whole row is missing? Or you just do not see any meter activity?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

the row doesnt exist

in general theres no sound coming out of my headphones (plugged into the front of the fireface uc in MONITOR CH 7/8) meanwhile my monitors are working just fine, and im fairly certain the issue is with the total mix (headphones work when i plug them into other devices) ive been trying to look it up online and everyone is on mac and has a middle row with software inputs (im on windows and i dont have that row)

also i see videos saying to select my headphones channel in total mix, i dont seem to be able to select any of the channels there (not sure if channel is really the right word here)

just noticed it says ufl where my headphones channel is, how to fix?

You might have changed the channel layout of TM FX to hide all channels in this row ?

I suggest to reset TM FX entirely: Options -> Reset Mix -> Total Reset

and then, to have a good starting point: Options -> Reset Mix -> Straight Playback with All to Main Out

Then follow the step by step primer: https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/ind … rnal-equi/

The RME video tutorials are also very helpful to get a good and fast introduction about TM FX:
https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/ind … al-Videos/

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

i did total reset and tried the straight mix option with no luck, i will try this link now thanks

Its strange, that you see no SW playback channels, could you pls post a screenshot ? Thanks.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

That is daw mode vs submix mode. Make sure you are in submix mode!

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632

Ah good idea, its btw "daw mode" vs "full mode", not "submix mode" wink

11 (edited by matias.abelayras 2024-07-02 23:46:38)

im ont he same sht but I want to use ¨daw mode¨

it should be ok to liste to your headphones

no signal is coming

matias.abelayras wrote:

no signal is coming

Come on, ever read your manuals what the difference is between DAW Mode and Full Mode?
Seems not.

DAW Mode = DAW is responsible for the "playback" routing. Set it there!

Or, if you want to route a Hardware In to your Headphones, just set the CUE Button.

“Do It For Her”
My Gear: Bontempi Magic light Keyboard

13 (edited by ramses 2024-07-03 07:05:03)

matias.abelayras wrote:

no signal is coming

Please read the manual on how to operate your unit.

As many people like you do not read the manual and try to operate the unit under wrong assumptions,
I wrote this general information containing generic info about routing and what sources of information you can/should use.

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=34394

The difference between operational modes "Full mode" and "DAW mode" are explained in the manual.
In short: in DAW mode you need to route in the DAW, which has two drawbacks
- all audio flows get the additional latency through USB/FW/USB ...
- routing in the DAW is not so easy, in TM FX it is much more flexible and straight forward following an easy logic in submix mode: select hw output and then set fader of top (HW inputs) and middle row (audio from PC) to create an individual submix for the selected hw output.

Should you prefer to route in the DAW for whatever reason, then it is still better to use TM FX Full mode, explained several times in the forum, for example here:
https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 87#p213987

I recommend you to use TotalMix FX in Full mode, activate submix mode (the default, but check whether its enabled).
Then every HW output has its individul routing and you can route every HW input (TM FX top row) and SW playback (TM FX middle row, audio from PC) to any HW output.
Routing is an easy task. Click to an HW output and then raise the fader of HW inputs and SW playbacks to get the individual submix for this particular output. To check a routing simply look at the fader positions of top and middle row.
The small button "Sub" on the right you can use to see only those channels in top/middle row of TM FX which route audio into the selected HW output.